[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to automate flaxbeard brass? I automated making ingots, but when I try to input ore into the crucible by hand it works, but if I use a machine, the ore just sit on top of the crucible:

Sory if it was already mentioned (I had a week off, so I skipped last 20 pages of forum)

I was using the item-dropper from openblocks. It worked fine. Looks like it's the botania-dropper-block that doesn't work too well. (maybe because of it's unique ability of "blocking" the dropped item for a few seconds, so the crucible cannot accept it after these seconds anymore)

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I was using the item-dropper from openblocks. It worked fine. Looks like it's the botania-dropper-block that doesn't work too well. (maybe because of it's unique ability of "blocking" the dropped item for a few seconds, so the crucible cannot accept it after these seconds anymore)
Just use Buildcraft pipes, Let the pipe come to a dead end and pop out the item! :p

Last edited:

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Just use Buildcraft pipes, Let the pipe come to a dead end and pop out the item! :p

Yeah, will try more with buildcraft this time. So long ago since I worked with it (I'm really too spoiled by ender IO ^^ and 1.6.4 thermal expansion pipes).
Just have to figure out how to make it work, so it takes the right amount of ingots to work with making brass. Guess I will try a ME-Buildcraft combo for that...

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, will try more with buildcraft this time. So long ago since I worked with it (I'm really too spoiled by ender IO ^^ and 1.6.4 thermal expansion pipes).
Just have to figure out how to make it work, so it takes the right amount of ingots to work with making brass. Guess I will try a ME-Buildcraft combo for that...
xD would be pretty easy, send the correct amount to a chest Via a ME interface then just use a wood transport pipe to pump it out :p

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
For everyone who is annoyed of mining only 1 cobblestone on your very first manual cobblestone-mining-thing:

cIGODZe.png

You might want to spend your first modifier for the hammer on repair if you're not lucky to get it as free upgrade ^^
(or try to do it like me making an unbreakable hammer... bit more difficult with the random-upgrades though since you need luck with getting some reinforced-upgrades)
Minine 9 cobblestone at the same time really makes it better :p

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
I'm noticing a lot of the added pressure chamber recipes are set at 4.5 pressure, which is the max stable pressure you can maintain, but there's enough difference in pressure, or rounding, or something going on that a lot of the time they don't work even though my Flux Compressor has shut off satisfied that it's at 4.5. You have to manually give the system a little boost to get just over 4.5 for stuff to "cook" in the chamber. Is this intentional?

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I'm noticing a lot of the added pressure chamber recipes are set at 4.5 pressure, which is the max stable pressure you can maintain, but there's enough difference in pressure, or rounding, or something going on that a lot of the time they don't work even though my Flux Compressor has shut off satisfied that it's at 4.5. You have to manually give the system a little boost to get just over 4.5 for stuff to "cook" in the chamber. Is this intentional?
The pressure tubes looses some pressure so i suggest keeping it at 4.8-4.7 rather then 4.5, Note you can right click the Pressure gauges with advance PCB for more precise redstone signal emission

Reactions: Nezraddin

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019

If you're using advanced tubes for your whole system (even for the part that only need 4.5 pressure) you can go up to 5 bar on the regulator-valve. Just make sure you put a security-upgrade into all machines to be sure nothing happens. (better don't use the normal tubes when trying that, I don't trust them when it comes close to their maximum-pressure)

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using advanced tubes for your whole system (even for the part that only need 4.5 pressure) you can go up to 5 bar on the regulator-valve. Just make sure you put a security-upgrade into all machines to be sure nothing happens. (better don't use the normal tubes when trying that, I don't trust them when it comes close to their maximum-pressure)
Oh yea @Nezraddin do you know the Fish oil is op?
uQcvgun.png

Works on turrets! Ez raids...

On a side note, I was working on volcanoes.... However too much lag :( dropped me to 50 FPS
2NN9d2Q.jpg

Reactions: Nezraddin

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
For everyone who is annoyed of mining only 1 cobblestone on your very first manual cobblestone-mining-thing:

cIGODZe.png

You might want to spend your first modifier for the hammer on repair if you're not lucky to get it as free upgrade ^^
(or try to do it like me making an unbreakable hammer... bit more difficult with the random-upgrades though since you need luck with getting some reinforced-upgrades)
Minine 9 cobblestone at the same time really makes it better :p
lol awesome

uQcvgun.png

On a side note, I was working on volcanoes.... However too much lag :( dropped me to 50 FPS
2NN9d2Q.jpg
Oooooooooooooooooh volcanoes... o.o

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
uQcvgun.png

2NN9d2Q.jpg

Thanks for the idea!
Still have to read my way through all the turret/golem stuff ^^
*makes note* Fishoil is you friend!

And well.. I only get like 30~40 fps max (even with very low settings and fastcraft) so I guess I would be on less then 10 fps then xD

cemicles

Jul 29, 2019
I started my world in v1.2.5. Do the new updates make enough difference to restart? Opinions?

Does the new 1.2.6/1.2.7 features generate outside of my generated map area or does this mod not work that way?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
how are ppl getting large amonts of ore ??

What karmar said.

One thing about the spires:
- Mine the hardened ore with a not-silktouch-pickaxe gives you 1 ingot (1 smashed ore which turns into 1 ingot)
- Mine the hardened ore with a silktouch-pickaxe and you get 1 1/2 ingots per ore in the smeltery
- put the silk-touch-mined into the vat and it turns normal ore which smelts into 2 ingots. (takes some sort of good lava-production since it costs 2 buckets per harened ore you convert into normal ore)

So my tip: spend on of the first emeralds you get into a silktouch-upgrade for your pickaxe. (if you're not lucky and get one for free) You can get quiet alot more out of a hardened ore this way.
Just as warning: You will need a second pickaxe for diamonds, emeralds, and everything else which is not metal. (or karmar is thinking about my idea with putting them through the bc-additions duster for a bit more :p )

[edit]

I started my world in v1.2.5. Do the new updates make enough difference to restart? Opinions?

Does the new 1.2.6/1.2.7 features generate outside of my generated map area or does this mod not work that way?

They shoudld start appearing in chunks you not explored before you updated. If the chunks were already explored/loaded before you update, they will stay the same.

gr3gdg

Jul 29, 2019
Dumb question. What on earth do I do with the unworked snow clumps ...tried sticking in vat. Nothing tried putting in bottle.nothing tried smelting lol. Nothing

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Dumb question. What on earth do I do with the unworked snow clumps ...tried sticking in vat. Nothing tried putting in bottle.nothing tried smelting lol. Nothing

I guess you not clicked often enough on the anvil with the hammer. You need to click (not hold, click again and again) until it turns into snow-clumps. These you combine with empty glassbottles in a crafting grid into snow-bottles, these you can use in the vat.

Reactions: gr3gdg