[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I just skipped the whole 4th floor and just dug down. Luckily found a room with skeleton / wither skeleton skulls, got 5. I don't think I have the armor yet but maybe make some regen and strength potions. Or maybe I could make tons of octuple compressed cobblestone, enclose the wither in it, and hit it from an opening.

Hrm... first thought "Hey I should mention that the darksteel-stuff from ender-io is witherproof and easier zu make" ... then I found out you can use the compressing drawers for super-fast crafting the compressed cobblestones... :D

@NoxVindicta:
that's why I always close my smeltery on the top somehow... that never anything accidently runs in ^^"

@RHSean:
Well you can use steve's carts for making one (cart'hull + drill + storage, then you need a good way for making a an automated cobblestone with lava+water that it can mine it)
Or when you'Re lucky enough to get a diamond-pickaxe from monsters (you need to be really lucky if you not have some kind of monster trap for killing masses of them) you can use the block-breaker.

Reactions: RHSean

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019
Oh why can't I just be sane again. This is driving me crazy. I was walking to my smeltery when all of the sudden a 'You have died' screen appears. Right before I can figure out how it happened it disappeared. Now I keep hearing arrows, the sound of me getting hurt, and I look like a spider and I can't use my inventory. All the items are missing.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
How do you make a cobble gen?

@RHSean:
Well you can use steve's carts for making one (cart'hull + drill + storage, then you need a good way for making a an automated cobblestone with lava+water that it can mine it)
Or when you'Re lucky enough to get a diamond-pickaxe from monsters (you need to be really lucky if you not have some kind of monster trap for killing masses of them) you can use the block-breaker.

Or one said can use stripe pipe from BC, hook up a redstone engine and a chest, and its ready to go :)

RHSean

Jul 29, 2019
@RHSean:
What is the best way of making the automated water + lava? How do you suggest I make a mob trap I awesome a normal one doesn't work?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Or one said can use stripe pipe from BC, hook up a redstone engine and a chest, and its ready to go :)

Ah yes, I knew I read that some time ago... but I already forgot again *hides* Should try that myself, soon.

@RHSean:

You need to set it up, so the cobblestone "creates" in the range of the drill without the lava getting to exposed. (hardened drill is 5x5 tunnel, galgadorian is 9x9).

An example:
ejY99bd.png

Behind every cobblestone is a lava-sourceblock. (it's a galgadorian drill, a hardened drill doesn't need so many lines of cobblestone since it's slower at mining). The lava+water setup I got from someone else (but I forgot the name, I'm bad with names... and so many pages in this thread ^^)

It was quiet alot of fun for me to set everything up with steve's carts. When you want an "easy" cobblestone generator, you really should go with what tetshio said and use the stripe-pipe (much cheaper, too ^^)

About mobtrap:
I was lucky finding a devision-sigil in a dungeon, so I used the good old "Magnumtorch + cursed'earth mobtrap, using the bellethorne of Botania) Another mobtrap that is supposed to work is one very high in the air, like 120 blocks both ground.

RHSean

Jul 29, 2019
Ah yes, I knew I read that some time ago... but I already forgot again *hides* Should try that myself, soon.

@RHSean:

You need to set it up, so the cobblestone "creates" in the range of the drill without the lava getting to exposed. (hardened drill is 5x5 tunnel, galgadorian is 9x9).

An example:
ejY99bd.png

Behind every cobblestone is a lava-sourceblock. (it's a galgadorian drill, a hardened drill doesn't need so many lines of cobblestone since it's slower at mining). The lava+water setup I got from someone else (but I forgot the name, I'm bad with names... and so many pages in this thread ^^)

It was quiet alot of fun for me to set everything up with steve's carts. When you want an "easy" cobblestone generator, you really should go with what tetshio said and use the stripe-pipe (much cheaper, too ^^)

About mobtrap:
I was lucky finding a devision-sigil in a dungeon, so I used the good old "Magnumtorch + cursed'earth mobtrap, using the bellethorne of Botania) Another mobtrap that is supposed to work is one very high in the air, like 120 blocks both ground.
Looks pet complicated I will probably just go with the BC pipes for now

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Looks pet complicated I will probably just go with the BC pipes for now

Well yeah it's a bit complicated (and takes quiet some time and ressources to set up). But it was alot of fun doing that.
There is one more middle-game possibility for a cobblestone generator (maybe a bit cheaper than steve's carts) -> Drones from pneumatic craft. Make the drone break the cobblestone and a (vacuum-)hopper catch it.

Again, the BC-pipes one is pretty much the cheapest solution. Only thing you need to consider there, making some sort of "Auto-Shutdown" (like with using a comparator and an inverted redstone-signal for the redstone engine to stop once the chest is full). Else, once the chest is full the system won't stop and drop all the cobblestone it collects on the floor which may cause lag when you forget about it too long.

RHSean

Jul 29, 2019
Well yeah it's a bit complicated (and takes quiet some time and ressources to set up). But it was alot of fun doing that.
There is one more middle-game possibility for a cobblestone generator (maybe a bit cheaper than steve's carts) -> Drones from pneumatic craft. Make the drone break the cobblestone and a (vacuum-)hopper catch it.

Again, the BC-pipes one is pretty much the cheapest solution. Only thing you need to consider there, making some sort of "Auto-Shutdown" (like with using a comparator and an inverted redstone-signal for the redstone engine to stop once the chest is full). Else, once the chest is full the system won't stop and drop all the cobblestone it collects on the floor which may cause lag when you forget about it too long.
Thanks for the tip yeah, and with the drones I can give it like a eff V or so pick to break it. Thanks.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
You can use the compacting drawers to make the cobble into compressed form. At least you'll store a ton more than just using a regular chest.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
You can use the compacting drawers to make the cobble into compressed form. At least you'll store a ton more than just using a regular chest.

Even more fun, when you then take the double-compressed and pump it into a second compacting drawer. Up to 4times compressed then. (and you can do that up to the highest compressed one. Endless cobblestone-storage, hehe)

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Even more fun, when you then take the double-compressed and pump it into a second compacting drawer. Up to 4times compressed then. (and you can do that up to the highest compressed one. Endless cobblestone-storage, hehe)

That's what i have going. So I can start to kill the first wither :D

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Oh why can't I just be sane again. This is driving me crazy. I was walking to my smeltery when all of the sudden a 'You have died' screen appears. Right before I can figure out how it happened it disappeared. Now I keep hearing arrows, the sound of me getting hurt, and I look like a spider and I can't use my inventory. All the items are missing.
That is insainty, go sleep XD

Sulpitz

Jul 29, 2019
When you jump there appears this stamina bar. Also i'm losing a lot of hunger. After a few jumps i can no longer jump, even the elevators cost lots of food. So i have to eat constantly, even when im only in my base. Does some one know from which mod this is comming?

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
When you jump there appears this stamina bar. Also i'm losing a lot of hunger. After a few jumps i can no longer jump, even the elevators cost lots of food. So i have to eat constantly, even when im only in my base. Does some one know from which mod this is comming?
Smart moving

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I knew it was insanity. Maybe running outside and trying to get a zombie inside a golden lasso wasn't such a good idea. I ended up with 1 heart and it was night so my insanity was destroyed.

You can only catch neutral mobs (animals, villagers and such) in a golden lasso. ^^

If you already have the alloy-smelter from ender IO you might want to make some soularium (or how it's called, 1 gold ingot + 1 soulsand) and a soul vial, with that you can catch hostile mobs.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Decided to go on a meteor hunt adventure but stumbled on a more surprising find.

Caught my attention
EtArAco.png

Cleared it out and found there were two blaze spawners and three chests
I6Bt6Mg.png

5 of these is like winning the lotto
ZdP7KpM.png

Enclosed them in a double block walls so that it won't get affected by either meteor or tornado.
ThnXqzh.png

Will be automating it soon, place a chunk loader, something to kill them, something to gather loot, use an enderchest to transport it back to base. It was around 2k blocks away from the base.