List of item names and ID's in FTB Ultimate?

Stoo42

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, not sure if this is the correct forum for it, I posted in general chat, but I think it got lost in everything else there...

I'm running FTB Ultimate, MC 1.4.7. Currently designing a sorting system (aren't we all!).

Is there a way for me to get the item names out of the game at all? I'm using ComputerCraft with MiscPeripherals to do most of my sorting, but with the default FTB Ultimate modpack, there doesn't seem to be any way to retrieve an item name in game in the CC lua interface

I already connect to an external mysql database for item management, so if I cant get the names dynamically within the game, I'm happy to dump out the names/ID's somehow into a lookup table.

So basically, boils down to two questions:

* Can I dynamically get an item name from an ID within the game in ComputerCraft?
or
* Can I get a list of all FTB Ultimate item/meta ID's and names from outside the game somehow?

Either my google-foo is not strong enough to yield any pre-existing databases out there, or item lists just aren't available...
I know other people manage to solve this somehow, surely they didn't all manually create their own lookup tables?!
Thanks in advance for any and all pointers

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
When you are ingame, go into the NEI options menu. There's an option somewhere in there that lets you create data dumps.

Never done it, so I'm unsure whether or not it offers what you need, but it's a start.

Reactions: Stoo42

Stoo42

Jul 29, 2019
When you are ingame, go into the NEI options menu. There's an option somewhere in there that lets you create data dumps.

Never done it, so I'm unsure whether or not it offers what you need, but it's a start.

You are correct, its a start, and a pretty awesome one. If you ever come to Melbourne, I'll pay you in the accepted universal currency of a beer.

It will dump out the IDs, but no metas. Most of the names are the internal name like "item.axeGreenSapphire", or "tile.stone", but there is the odd one that has its proper name.
It needs parsing with a bit of cleverness, as its "sort of" space delimited, except where the name is a proper name like "Pocket Crafting Table." (without the quotes)...

I'll see what I can do to get it parsed in, at least even the internal names are more recognisable than the plain IDs, altho kinda sucky when every BC machine is just "machine block" because they are all the same ID. - Still better than just seeing "2002" though... lol