Liquid XP ?

Lund636

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing FTB for a while now, and i really want Liquid XP to be a part of the modpack..
Ive seen alot of custom modded minecraft been playing, and they are all having a Liquid XP setup, i feel thats one of the things missing in FTB..
Does someone know if its on the way, or if it never going to be a part of FTB ?

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
MFR has Mob Essence. This is basically Liquid XP.
You can extract it from your XP bar into buckets and can drink it with a straw to gain XP.

Lund636

Jul 29, 2019
But still FTB really needs alle the cool features the immibis Liquid XP has.. Sevadus has a mod spotlight on it, and it looks so cool and still simple...

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
The mod looks pretty cool.
But except of the extractor block MFR can almost do the same.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer liquid xp because you can have a finer bit of control with your enchantments. The mfr route lends itself to more automation. When enchanting, for example, Thaumcraft items, you definitely want precision with enchanting. Plus, liquid xp feels more like vanilla, at least to me.

Now that think about it, hoppers and AE could make a nice enchantment stripping system in 1.6.2. With the large amount of armor and weapon drops from even a villager based zombie trap you could have tanks of LXP and free enchants to strip and reuse.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Liquid xp's liquid xp is more balanced towards vanilla experience bars. It drains the actual amount of orbs you have in your bar, and unlike minefactory reloaded, doesn't solely rely on levels.

What does this mean? Well, like in vanilla, if you are on, say, level 200, it will take you MANY experience orbs to get to level 201. But if you extract mfr mob essence from someone else on level one, and then drink that essence yourself (you're on level 200, remember?), you'd go up a level as easily as you do when you're level 1. It's exploitable.

Yes, in my opinion, liquid xp is far superior to mob essence, better texture, better design, better balance, it's great. What we really need is a config option to disable mob essence in mfr (if there isn't one), because like I said, it's exploitable.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
We need both, so I can squeeze the mobs for more exp by combining both the grinder and LXP together. Muahahahahahahaha*ahem* Yes, I agree the mod should be added to Unleashed.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
How do i get back the liquid XP i drained with Drainer into Player XP again?
This question has almost nothing to do with this topic and this topic is several months old.

There is a thread called ask a a simple question, get a simple answer in general FTB chat that this question would probably fit in.

If the liquid xp is in an open blocks tank then try right clicking the tank. If that doesn't work then use an xp bottler.