Liquid Sorting System

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nerudian

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing around with several storage systems and piping connections to play with Tinker's Construct. I want to separate all liquid metals from the mod into different tanks in order to store them, but I can't seem to get it done right, because just piping it out to all the tanks splits the levels equally. I want to try and see if anyone can think of a neat, compact system that allows me to pump stuff into tanks and keep things tidy. Anything goes, any mod, any system or combination of mods.

Let's see what comes out of this.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Just disconnect the other tanks. Fill one tank at a time. Or just use multiple smelteries, one for each tank containing each metal.

*edit: I hate auto correct.

neiromaru

Jul 29, 2019
The liquid router is like a diamond pipe for liquids. Just set four of the sides to different liquids, and the fifth side to nothing, put another router on that fifth side and repeat until you run out of liquids.

Nerudian

Jul 29, 2019
The liquid router is like a diamond pipe for liquids. Just set four of the sides to different liquids, and the fifth side to nothing, put another router on that fifth side and repeat until you run out of liquids.

I REALLY need to get into that MFR thing, I didn't know such a thing existed. Thank you!

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
Just disconnect the other tanks. Fill one rank at a time. Or just use multiple smelteries, one for each rank containing each metal.

That sounds about the simplest way (which equates to best in my world). Liquiducts from smeltery to each tank, lever beside smeltery spout and one beside each tank valve. All set to off until you want to store some liquids; turn on the appropriate tank lever and then turn on the liquiduct at the tank.

Reactions: RedBoss

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
There are also Diamond Pipes for liquids. I think Additional Buildcraft Objects adds them.

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
With Drums and Transfer Pipes from Extra Utilities, you can have 512 buckets of one liquid in a tank, and the transfer pipes won't place two different liquids in the same drum. :)