Problem Liquid Filter - Only Active If Capable of Filling Container?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OneSullenBrit

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I have been using Extra Utilities 2's Transfer Nodes with my TC smeltery, to move liquid metals into a casting basin. It is nice and easy to set up, but the problem is the node has a buffer which fills up with 1000mb of fluid. This means unless I have the exact right amount to make up a block of metal, I end up with a bit extra stuck in the buffer. Early game, this can be wasteful.

Is there a way to set the node to only extract fluids if it is capable of completely filling the container it is connected to?

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Not sure... I don't think so. You would have to use a smeltery drain on your smeltery in order to do that. Maybe there is something in the config file that you can change so it does not have a buffer?

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
If you have pumped a small amount into the basin you can pump it back into a smeltery, just put a transfer node from the basin leading to a drain and it will go back where it came from.

I do not know of anything that will prevent the transfer node from taking any liquid into its buffer other than already having a different liquid present there. I do prefer to use Ender IO fluid conduits set to active with redstone signal and place a lever above them. That way I can still do manual stuff with the smeltery or if I am mass producing something I can put in the exact right amount into a hopper, flick the lever and let it run.

But for early game I make enough grout or seared stone to get a 3x3 smeltery running so that I can easily make blocks and then just make sure I only put multiples of 9 into the controller to prevent having to pump fluids back into the smeltery or losing them on a break and replace clean out.