Liquid dye question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I've spent the last couple days trying to upgrade my world to the latest version and switch it to ultimate instead of mindcrack. I've had to resolve a lot of disappearing blocks and machines, and I think I've got them all now except for liquid dyes.

All my tanks of the stuff are empty and I can't even craft it anymore. The IDs are still in the xycraft config and all the same, but the ability to have/make it seems to be gone.

Anybody know how I can resolve this? It's not game-breaking, I can live without them. I don't think it's a bug, just probably a config I have to change somewhere.

Thanks in advance!

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the bump, my game is on hold though..

Does anybody know if liquid dye has been removed from the ultimate pack?

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know if liquid dye has been removed from the ultimate pack?
No, it wasn't. I tried it out with DW20 and the Ultimate Pack - both had the Molten Dye included. The only "bug" (if it is one) I found was, the BC glastanks and the RC irontanks do not display the appropriate liquid color - whereas the Endertanks and the XyCraft Multitank do.

Setup was always the same: Magma Crucible > Liquiduct > Tank.
dye.png

Maybe try breaking a wallblock from your iron tanks and re-place them? Just don't use the center bottom block, that's where the date for the content is stored. Else, I don't have any more ideas. :-/

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I looked up molten dye, made some green (had some extra cactus). It's grey in the tank, even though called "molten green".

Molten/liquid have different IDs, is it possible to disable the broken molten dye and turn on the working liquid versions?[DOUBLEPOST=1362884553][/DOUBLEPOST]
Setup was always the same: Magma Crucible > Liquiduct > Tank.
View attachment 2577

Liquid dyes used the forestry squeezer.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Liquid dyes used the forestry squeezer.
From the official XyCraft wiki:

Liquid Dyes
• All 16 types of dyes in Minecraft
• Created by putting two of one type of dye in a Forestry squeezer
(Thermal expansion Magma Crucible recipe coming!)
[...]
At least in my version the Magma Crucible worked just fine. No clue about the ID's - I usually leave configs alone. =)