Liquid deployment DW20 1.6.4

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mathwizi2005

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to fuel an Essence Nexus in Ars Magica with the LOADS of essence I currently have (bout 200 buckets worth and climbing in a railcraft tank)
I need a way to fuel this Nexus and I'd like to hear all the possible ways I can do this.
End result must be liquid essence under the Nexus, please keep this in mind.

CreepaCatcha

Jul 29, 2019
Try the floodgate from buildcraft, it places a liquid that has been pumped into in in a 3 by 3 area in front of it.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I think if you wanted to use TE autonomous activators with buckets of essence you could deploy it that way. The buckets could be filled in the RC tank and item ducted to the activator(s). Just have to be careful that theres a redstone pulse to ensure the buckets dont drop essence over top of existing essence.

mathwizi2005

Jul 29, 2019
Now I got a different problem, the Nexus isn't absorbing the essence
The Nexus is unlocked in my compendium
2014-03-13_003709_zpsab926b3f.png

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Is the essence source block under the 3x3 area of the circle in the center? I think that's required.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Its 1 block under in a 5x5 square, the center being used by the floodgate

Pull out the flood gate and manually place the essence there and test to see where it has to be. Then you know where and how the floorgate needs to place the essence in order to work.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
In my experience, it seems to prefer having liquid essence detected under the 3x3 rune.

Mind you, that liquid essence can be upwards of 10 blocks under the rune. I prefer mine to be flowing from 30 blocks away, and well above the nexus itself, so long as the liquid essence can be detected under the nexus. Then it'll trace it back to it's source and drink it up from there, including at the top of my essence-fall. Looks infinitely more cool, and spits in the eyes of people who assume the liquid essence has to be a source block directly under the rune.

AndreMaartens

Jul 29, 2019
I used a autonomous activator connected to my AE system ( using extra cells ) to fill the essence bucket and send it to the activator which is high redstone signal dependent and using timer set to 12 seconds thus I only need one bucket

Overcomplicated? Yes. But extremely fast AND efficient. I can walk anyone through it. If they want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk