Limited size to an ME network? (Problem reoccuring NOT fixed)

ringgeest11

Jul 29, 2019
[EDIT]
The problem is fixed!
For those interested in how to solve not being able to pump in enough power (2k eu/t+, Massive networks!) all you have to do is to add a couple of Power Relays and sent power to them too. These relays only need to be connected to the already existing network. As you might know however they do not act as a link between blocks so you will have to cable a tiny bit to work around it.
Problem is back again... Power Relays did not solve the problem for an extended time frame. Only ONE of the Relays accepts inpu. The rest does not :\
--------------------------------
Hey all,

I am building a big base. Like massive. As part of the base there is a CORE where the network comes together. Here is the problem... The network is not nearly complete, yet it is already expriencing serious trouble. The energy input is well over 2k EU/t and the visual indication on the Controller says it is charged. Yet when opening the controller it says the energy it gets is not adequite.
Anyone know of a limit to the amount of energy that can be sent or processed in one network?

For those interested here are the specs of the network thus far (this is unfinished):
768 Storage Drives
657 Cables
256 Containment walls
192 Vents
56 Crafting CPU's
8 Pattern providers
2 Interfaces

Yes the storage is immense and completely absurd. But I want it to provide this epic sense of massiveness when entering the CORE where all storage drives are located.

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why you would ever need that many Drives, but as far as I can tell, there's no limit to the size of an AE Network.
I had a network with over 400MJ/t working perfectly. As long as you can provide enough power it should be working.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about max input size but 2000 eu/t doesn't sound like it would be even close to the limit. If it is a problem you could try disconnecting most of the storage drives and have them for purely cosmetic reasons. You could even power them on a seperate network for the lights.

ringgeest11

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why you would ever need that many Drives, but as far as I can tell, there's no limit to the size of an AE Network.
I had a network with over 400MJ/t working perfectly. As long as you can provide enough power it should be working.
Truthfully, there is absolutely no need to go that overkill. It is mostly for aesthetic reasons and was built to impress. Look up from the bottom you simply should be in awe of all of that stuff working.

I don't know about max input size but 2000 eu/t doesn't sound like it would be even close to the limit. If it is a problem you could try disconnecting most of the storage drives and have them for purely cosmetic reasons. You could even power them on a seperate network for the lights.
I could do something with the cabling to make the tower split up on 4 segments each and power each one of them individually.
If I use this in combination with the Quantum teleportation, would it be possible to hook all those 4 segments up with eachother?

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
If I use this in combination with the Quantum teleportation, would it be possible to hook all those 4 segments up with eachother?
Quantum entangled ME networks function as one network, in every sense. This means they can only be served by one ME controller and no more. As a result you have to choose between having linked and centrally powered networks or dispersed networks. Something might be possible with logistics pipes though.

Just remember. Each storage disk you add will also take power. Your power usage will skyrocket once you start populating your drives.

ringgeest11

Jul 29, 2019
Quantum entangled ME networks function as one network, in every sense. This means they can only be served by one ME controller and no more. As a result you have to choose between having linked and centrally powered networks or dispersed networks. Something might be possible with logistics pipes though.

Just remember. Each storage disk you add will also take power. Your power usage will skyrocket once you start populating your drives.
True, but each network part has to be powered individually right? if this is the case I might be able to pump enough energy in. I divided the network into 4 segments, and basically it is gulping 4325 orso units/t. This is for storage only.

I am going to try this out and see how it works. Hopefully it will, that would be a boon!

ringgeest11

Jul 29, 2019
nevermind I found a way! Quantum wasn't going to work looking at how they work. Instead I hooked up more power via extra Power Relays. They allow for more power to be pumped in and distributed.

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
True, but each network part has to be powered individually right? if this is the case I might be able to pump enough energy in. I divided the network into 4 segments, and basically it is gulping 4325 orso units/t. This is for storage only.

I am going to try this out and see how it works. Hopefully it will, that would be a boon!

No. Each bridge has to be powered seperatly. So you need to power the Controller and all Bridges. Not the stuff on the other side of the Bridge.
You might want to try ME Power Relays though.

Edit: I type slower than you find the solution for your problem xD

Reactions: ringgeest11

ringgeest11

Jul 29, 2019
No. Each bridge has to be powered seperatly. So you need to power the Controller and all Bridges. Not the stuff on the other side of the Bridge.
You might want to try ME Power Relays though.

Edit: I type slower than you find the solution for your problem xD
Haha xD
Thanks regardless though =) The Power Relays turned out to be the saviour of the day indeed ^^

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
this sounds like a nightmare. i don't know why people don't just subnet their ME networks. not only is it kind to the host box, but it makes sense. :)

ringgeest11

Jul 29, 2019
Because then you dont have acces to everything everywhere unless you have 4x the amount of cables running everywhere

sks0315

Jul 29, 2019
oh my goodness over 700 drives....
That is 12288 disks to make to fill the drives.

ringgeest11

Jul 29, 2019
12288? You can fit 10 disks in a drive. So that is 7000 storage disks?

Also for the actual problem, I disabled the energy requirement for the mod for the time being until a fix is found or a workaround. Yes it is cheating and I do consider it cheating, but seeing the nature of the actual building is purely creative I don't mind having to use it this one time.

sks0315

Jul 29, 2019
12288? You can fit 10 disks in a drive. So that is 7000 storage disks?

Also for the actual problem, I disabled the energy requirement for the mod for the time being until a fix is found or a workaround. Yes it is cheating and I do consider it cheating, but seeing the nature of the actual building is purely creative I don't mind having to use it this one time.

It's 10 and not 16? My bad :)

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Would help to have some pictures.

Is the entire thing loaded?
You're using EU to supply power, what size packets are you sending?
Have you tried providing MJ as well?

ringgeest11

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the current situation with the Energy requirements disabled:
L9z1F8v.png

RQZQO0i.jpg

What the setup used to be:

On the top there are several solar panel. All panels are an ultimate hybrid solar panel cabable of outputting 512eu/t
These were segmented into 4 groups dividing all solars present into an equal amount of them. On the spot where the cables now run to a dead end, there used to be power relays. This meant that each power relay could get 2k eu/t However, only one of those relays actually received the power. All solars are working like they should.

On the packet size, I am not completely sure.
I have not tried pumping in MJ's too. I have a bunch stored or I can use a temporary Redstone cell to see whether it works. Though as I said before, when all 4 Power relays were connected, only one of them DID get the power the solars were outputting. The rest of the power relays did not accept any EU at all.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the current situation with the Energy requirements disabled:
L9z1F8v.png

RQZQO0i.jpg

What the setup used to be:

On the top there are several solar panel. All panels are an ultimate hybrid solar panel cabable of outputting 512eu/t
These were segmented into 4 groups dividing all solars present into an equal amount of them. On the spot where the cables now run to a dead end, there used to be power relays. This meant that each power relay could get 2k eu/t However, only one of those relays actually received the power. All solars are working like they should.

On the packet size, I am not completely sure.
I have not tried pumping in MJ's too. I have a bunch stored or I can use a temporary Redstone cell to see whether it works. Though as I said before, when all 4 Power relays were connected, only one of them DID get the power the solars were outputting. The rest of the power relays did not accept any EU at all.

Ultimate hybrids output 512 packets, which is fine. However, you're going to need something more robust than a few solar panels. Remember, at night or during rain, even ultimate panels drop their production down significantly.

ringgeest11

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate hybrids output 512 packets, which is fine. However, you're going to need something more robust than a few solar panels. Remember, at night or during rain, even ultimate panels drop their production down significantly.
I have it set to daytime constantly atm for easy building. On the same mark, they store 1mil(?) energy so they can make it through the night in combintion with their sheer numbers.

You could get rid of almost all of the ME cables
it is mostly for aesthetics at this moment, but if frames start to drop then they are the first to go.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Because then you dont have acces to everything everywhere unless you have 4x the amount of cables running everywhere

With level emitters access should not be a problem at all. 4x the cable? where and why? there are easy and compact ways of sharing things between networks that do not cost crazy amounts of resources.

for example, my AE network looks similar to this:
Processing ME (processes all but a set amount of raw material) => Supplier ME (Central Storage. Holds everything from finished products, raw materials, etc) => crafting ME (this one controls all crafting, and receives input from the supplier obviously to complete it's tasks) => Various other small focused task ME systems (feed back into the storage or processing ME's).

It does take a bit of playstyle modification to get used to a modular system, but In a multiplayer environment, not only is splitting your network up a good idea, it's good practice and shows your sysop that you care