Light-producing liquids?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kittenykat

Jul 29, 2019
It just occurred to me that I've never seen any mod-added liquids that glow and produce light on their own, like lava does. It would be kind of cool if you could have a liquid you could put in a bucket that flows like water or lava, and produces light in the same kind of area as lava, without the hazards that lava makes.

I can't possibly be the first person to think of this. o_O

I'm playing with FTB: Revelation right now, the latest version. Are there any bucketable, pourable liquids in that pack which do this? I thought for a moment that Astral Sorcery's liquid starlight might do it, but unfortunately it just produces a particle effect, rather than light. Stepping in it gives you night-vision for a bit, but that's not quite the same thing.

And if none exist.... well, why not? Get on that! xD

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
actualy liquid glowstone from i think thermal expansion [sure it flows upwards instead of downwards] glows very nicely
also liquid starlight from astral sorcery i think glows too

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Energized Glowstone, does for sure, Blazing Pyrotheum might.

Best way to make lamps out of glowstone, is to put it in a tank and place a single hardened or better quality fluiduct, then fill it from the tank. Placed buckets will eventually end up on the ceiling and I've seen them occasionally disperse.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Energized Glowstone definitely. Even the Impulse Itemducts give off a bit of light. Blazing Pyrotheum does - but also tends to set things on fire.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
I've made a few double helix designs before. Maybe this image will spark some ideas for you.
2012-01-21_181307_1262037.jpg

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
This is essentially what I had but with a glowstone bucket placed in the bottom of the water channel so it flowed up.
I has a shaft of marble up the middle of mine but same idea.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Chisels n Bits could be your solution. I remember I used C&B to create a double-helix, one side lava and the other side water, with obsidian where they intersect, on a stone brick background, as columns around my Blood Magic altar. They provided light, but didn't have all the problems normally associated with lava.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Though depending on the installed mods, it might make you flammable which makes fire extra dangerous. And also use lava to ignite the oil.

S

SomeRandomPetey

I know for a fact that blazing pyrotheum from Thermal Expansion gives light, however is very dangerous.