Let's talk about the tinkers construct 2,what is the top tools?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
TiCo2 did a decent job of making most tool materials useful and viable, when compared to TiCo. Rather than having tiered materials, the materials now have unique modifiers, which can greatly alter how a tool works for any given job.

I enjoy using Copper bindings on my pickaxes due to the extra XP given. I usually pair it with Mending Moss to greatly increase the lifespan of the tool. Using an Iron head gives the tool a small magnet effect, which is nice early game. Using an Obsidian Sharpening Kit will increase the mining level to max. As Cobalt becomes available, I sometimes swap to that for a head, since I usually have access to a magnet from some other mod by then which makes the Iron head obsolete.

Lumber Axe is made from Iron (magnetic), Copper (well established), Treated Wood (forgot the trait, but slow self repair), and Obsidian. Add some Mending Moss and Redstone and you're off to deforestation in no time. Depending on how my world is set up, AutoSmelt can be fun, as it now turns a forest into stacks of charcoal - I'm not sure if Luck plays with the output on that, but it's worth a shot if you're bored.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Copper Guard, Bronze handle, silver sword blade makes for a nice weapon given the prevalence of undead hanging around. I use a longsword for mobility and bonus damage.

On the other hand, it's pretty hard to beat a Longbow with one Electrum and one Knightslime bow limb, one Cobalt Plate and any string. Even with Vanilla Arrows it's extremely powerful. Combined with Many/Bone/Feather arrows for the ability to guarantee a one-shot kill on any vanilla.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
The best tools now are all embossed as well as made out of great materials. Mischief of Mice has a video showcasing some unbreakable tools and weapons, so I recommend letting that run for 25 minutes to swipe some of those ideas or to get you going down your own path.

Also take note of the shuiken build, when it is modified to unbreakable coupled with its rate of fire it just mows through any mob in the game.

Reactions: DnetVaggos