Let's see some traps!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ammaneus

Jul 29, 2019
Title pretty much explains it all, I want to fill the corridors of my underground base with traps, I could design them myself, but I am guessing that the forums may be a useful source of evil and cruel tricks :)

So, show off your designs, bonus cookies for;
  • Pics
  • Non-lethal soul-destroyers
  • Unpredictable designs (e.g. frame door over lava is predictable)
  • Traps that can easily be fitted under irregular surfaces like my corridors -
corridori.png

Have at it!

Ammaneus

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate 1.0.1, says on the Screenshot :p, doesn't matter what mods people use though, all designs are welcome :)

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate 1.0.1, says on the Screenshot :p, doesn't matter what mods people use though, all designs are welcome :)

oh yeah heh, didn't notice that, was messing with some of the secret rooms mod stuff but it doesn't interact with your fancy floor blocks well

Ammaneus

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't have to be my floor specifically, but points of you can mount it on non-flat surfaces

13rett

Jul 29, 2019
I have one that works in vanilla. RP timers make it better.
first you put a block where they are likely to break it. then i believe its 12 blocks below you put a piston with a timer. in the middle have a glass block with a repeater into it ans tnt on the other side (or redstone to a lava dispenser above there heads or whatever)
Once they break the top block the piston pushes the stack up and the glass moves out of the way for dirt or something letting the redstone signal pass through it.
best part is any block can be the one on the top :)
if its not pushable by the piston however then it has to be the broken one but it can be smaller height wise.
it can be turned on its side too but then its more likely to take up useable space or be noticed if your building is 2-3 times wider than the hallway.
EDIT: BTW if the block directly under the broken one is then same it could be confused for server lag at first. I love making these even in single player

benben500

Jul 29, 2019
Make a button or lever that has a sign nearby saying, "Elevator" or "Storage" or something like that.
Make the button or lever activate a forcefield around the base that kills everyone but you.

13rett

Jul 29, 2019
Thats why I suggested the lava pouring on their heads as an alternative. :) The redstone signal could be used for anything. like dispensers or portable holes in the floor or a frame crusher.

I want to build a hallway of death now :)

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, crappy trap, uses mffs, mystcraft, secretrooms, bibliocraft, redpower

Place you go to could be anywhere; lava, warded glass cage, void age etc.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I have a pressure plate that activates a nuke whenever someone goes into the place where I house all my nuclear and IC2 stuff.

You might be freaking out that the nuke would damage it, but I don't do IC2. It's an empty room. I don't even play on a server. I just cheated in a nuke so the pigs would learn not to mess with my stuff.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
well I was messing around in my test world not really a trap but it was fun to set up
zombiesz.png

so as you can see using the conveyers to move the zombies and I have the quartz crystals to kill them just something I thought I would share

Reactions: Chocorate

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
well I was messing around in my test world not really a trap but it was fun to set up
zombiesz.png

so as you can see using the conveyers to move the zombies and I have the quartz crystals to kill them just something I thought I would share
um you accidentally put the villagers inside the fence, now they won't be killed. :/

Reactions: southernfriedbb

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
Bteween mystcarft and warded stone there are a few rather dangerious traps in terms of results...
Perhaps a teleporter elevator, which if a secret button is not pushed to have the book removed, dumps you in a mystcraft portal?
Trigger mechnisums are so /hard/.

That said, I've been wanting to make a "Flux the World' device for anyone who invades. See if it's possable to generate enough flux tghat not getting struck b lightning becomes difficult.

Ammaneus

Jul 29, 2019
I totally forgot about conveyor belts, I wonder if you can put portal turrets on them...

You can put them in minecarts, but they just sit there looking adorable.

13rett

Jul 29, 2019
Conveyer belts can hold turrets. the turrets can fire. and the turrets turn with the conveyer belt.
but you have to make a piston above the conveyer belt then drop the turret on it.
I think I will make a patrol around my volcano base now. :) thanks for the idea

Ammaneus

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing the other day and turrets can be safely popped out by deployers, just need a 100% reliable way of knocking them over and making sure they haven't turned into an oracle turret.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
More interestingly, could we see some other pictures of your base? I think I love your building style and I want to shamelessly copy it see more.