Learning Feed The Beast with Xisuma

Xisuma

Jul 29, 2019
Learning Feed The Beast - Playlist
Hello FTB Forums! My name is Xisuma and I've been creating video content in the vanilla game for over a year. I've recently decided to give this mod pack a go and my first series is all about learning whats in the mod pack. I'm joined by Jessassin who will be walking us through some of the features available and how to use them. This series is ideal for players looking for a place to start with the FTB mod pack!

Episode 1 - The Macerator

Technical Beast

My Youtube Channel
xisumavoid

Thanks for reading!

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there Xis! Nice to see you on FTB too ;) Keep up the good work. Something like this will help a lot of new players!

Reactions: Xisuma

FlamingSavage

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Xisuma, I'm a subscriber for a few months now and love this new series. If you have any questions that you can't find on a wiki feel free to ask me as I have played the modpack before.

damnedsky

Jul 29, 2019
Hello FTB Forums! My name is Xisuma and I've been creating video content in the vanilla game for over a year. I've recently decided to give this mod pack a go and my first series is all about learning whats in the mod pack. I'm joined by Jessassin who will be walking us through some of the features available and how to use them. This series is ideal for players looking for a place to start with the FTB mod pack!
Hello Xisuma an welcome to Modded Minecraft and especially the FTB ModPack!

1. The fact that you decided to start this series with a guide(Jessassin) makes me appreciate it even more. There are many people out there that go head-on into this, without any introduction or previous experience at least.
2. I really hope you can keep posting the new episodes here or at least a link to the playlist.
3. Since you are a well know figure in Vanilla Minecraft and have quite a following it would be nice if you could put emphasis on the fact that FTB is a Mod PACK and not a mod. There has been some heated discussion as to educate the community about that and make them aware of the developers behind the mods and, eventually, that FTB is a collection of mods. There will be many newcomers and educating them will fall into the hands of influential YouTubers and Streamers like you.

Best of wishes, sky

jessassin

Jul 29, 2019
3. Since you are a well know figure in Vanilla Minecraft and have quite a following it would be nice if you could put emphasis on the fact that FTB is a Mod PACK and not a mod. There has been some heated discussion as to educate the community about that and make them aware of the developers behind the mods and, eventually, that FTB is a collection of mods. There will be many newcomers and educating them will fall into the hands of influential YouTubers and Streamers like you.

That is a good point, I will try to do the same when I start my own series :)

damnedsky

Jul 29, 2019

Hello Jessassin!

Didn't get a chance to talk to you yet so I hope you accept my late and heartfelt WELCOME!!! to the FTB community. I must apologize for the inconveniences we have caused with the deleted saves :( Every start is a little bit rough but it will eventually pay off.
Lastly I am glad to see you agree and support this movement to educate the newcomers.

Sincerely, sky

Xisuma

Jul 29, 2019

1. The fact that you decided to start this series with a guide(Jessassin) makes me appreciate it even more. There are many people out there that go head-on into this, without any introduction or previous experience at least.
2. I really hope you can keep posting the new episodes here or at least a link to the playlist.

Best of wishes, sky

I will be posting all episodes here and ill add a playlist link when i make it :)

I've recorded a few episodes already, but the next one i record i will make sure to let the viewers know its a mod pack :)

caramba2564

Jul 29, 2019

So here we meet again... Hey Jess! This is arshia111. :D

Well, I like this idea. I was a Tekkit player before this, so I know how to use most IC and BC things. I only need to get used to the new things added, such as the sandstone pipe and so on. Things will start to become complicated when you talk about Gregtech, which changes some recipes to make the game harder.

Guess I'll learn a bit more about Forestry and some other mods before I join a server. Although I'm sure I'd learn faster if I joined a server and asked for help there... :p

EDIT: Oh, BTW, I think you should change the title of the second episode to Extractors, Electric Furnaces and Compressors.

Xisuma

Jul 29, 2019
I'm loving this series. I think I might make a water mill power tower now :D

I would recommend to continue watching first :) Watermill outputs very low amount of power for what you will need in the future ;-)

caramba2564

Jul 29, 2019
I did a watermill tower with 28 watermills just to get me started. Well, I used a way more efficient design than yours. :p

Now I'm heading to solar panels. I already have an advanced one. Now I just need a little bit more than 7 stacks of UUM and 16 diamonds to make the UH Solar Panel. :D

caramba2564

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, are you accepting community help? Because I'm quite pro with crops and I'd love to contribute to that series in some way. :D

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Such is the diversity of FTB that a macerator is not necessarily the best way to go anymore, induction smelter from thermal expansion is possibly the best starter now.

Nice vids if you ever want an old man to join you :) gimme a shout

caramba2564

Jul 29, 2019
Such is the diversity of FTB that a macerator is not necessarily the best way to go anymore, induction smelter from thermal expansion is possibly the best starter now.

Nice vids if you ever want an old man to join you :) gimme a shout

Yeah, only bummer is that it requires engines... :/