Learning AE2 n hav'n Fun!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Those are actually smart cables, which glow one line for each channel in use. They're a bit expensive, but you can use a single smart cable of the proper color where they join the main line and then save resources because it'll still read how many channels are in use. And I believe they'll connect only to the same color regardless of the cable type.

Yeah, looping is a big pain in the neck.

L

Lady_K7332

Okay I have a question now, lol. I was toying around with AE2 and Thaumcraft and was trying to get it to work with Mystical Constructs dedicated for X item. It reads up, but won't let me queu the job, checked and no Crafting CPU's are in use and they are connected O_O

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
You might need to use a buffer chest to get things to go. Thaumcraft is occasionally a bit finicky about what's allowed to input into it.

Did you remember to put the pattern in the interface on the construct? And is it a valid item input point?

L

Lady_K7332

Hmmmm, I'm playing with it lol. Though I did get my Thaumcraft/TE/Ae2 Magma Power system up! Powered by an Everburn Urn and Node and piped directly into AE2 Net with fluid Import Bus
fwsikjW.png

I decided to move my base onto water and threw up a Magnum Torch til I feel I am done, golems are odd company though.​

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Do that and there's nothing to learn. It's just throwing down cables as fast as you can, and adding more power to support it. It makes the base trapping even worse.

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
if you want to save channels ( man, 1 export bus for every engine is too much), consider exporting fuel into a large chest and then , from there, using other trasport mods such as ender io, buildcrraft + logistic pipes ecc, to supply your engines
This should be a general concept, bring stuff to the place with AE, manage the stuff with other mods( that don't consume energy\consume less energy and don't make your ae system a big mess)

masterx244

Jul 29, 2019
if you want to save channels ( man, 1 export bus for every engine is too much), consider exporting fuel into a large chest and then , from there, using other trasport mods such as ender io, buildcrraft + logistic pipes ecc, to supply your engines
This should be a general concept, bring stuff to the place with AE, manage the stuff with other mods( that don't consume energy\consume less energy and don't make your ae system a big mess)

Or sneak in some Ad-Hoc networks/subnetworks to avoid using many channels from main network.. Used that for my processor automation (the raw processors are stored in a small Ad-Hoc network before being sent to the final inscriber merging em with the silicon, it also ensures that there aren't too many halfway processed processors queuing up when the final inscriber does other processors)

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmmm, I'm playing with it lol. Though I did get my Thaumcraft/TE/Ae2 Magma Power system up! Powered by an Everburn Urn and Node and piped directly into AE2 Net with fluid Import Bus
fwsikjW.png

I decided to move my base onto water and threw up a Magnum Torch til I feel I am done, golems are odd company though.​
um i certain would like to export the coal into 1 chest then distributing to the steam engines for there. this seems kinda a waste of channel.

sent from a phone using tapatalk.