Request Leaning block mod?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ah lol, I thought it was the specific grey block depicted on the picture you were looking for :p
Carpenters is definitely the way to go if you are just looking for normal slopes and other diagonal stuff(and much more).

Kristian

Jul 29, 2019
Ah lol, I thought it was the specific grey block depicted on the picture you were looking for :p
Carpenters is definitely the way to go if you are just looking for normal slopes and other diagonal stuff(and much more).
hehe :D - Btw, on a side note, do any of you guys know any city-mods? That's add street lights, train booms/gates, and so on?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
hehe :D - Btw, on a side note, do any of you guys know any city-mods? That's add street lights, train booms/gates, and so on?
Railcraft adds trains, locomotives, and some decorative blocks (including lamps), among other things. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, though.

Bibliocraft and ProjectRed add, among other things, a few different styles of lamps (Bibliocraft's aren't square! Impossible!); or, if you're so inclined, you might be able to build something closer to what you're looking for using Forge Multipart. Do note that multiparts of blocks like glowstone emit just as much light as the full-block versions- so by cutting a glowstone block into nooks, you get half a stack of blocks that are really hard to see, but put out a great deal of light.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Btw, on a side note, do any of you guys know any city-mods? That's add street lights, train booms/gates, and so on?
I would vote build them your self.
You should be able to make a decent looking automated train boom with a couple Drawbridges. One pointing across the road and one up in the air. When the train comes, you extend the one across the road. When clear you extend the one pointing up. Should give the effect of it going up.

As for street lights, I would probably try using some Project Red wires(the free hanging ones you craft with microblock strips) as pillars and them hang some inverted(or maybe normal ones and then use the wires to turn them on and off at night) lamps on them covered up in microblock covers.

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Theres a mod called FlenixRoads that adds...well you get the idea. Its supposed to go alongside Flans mod which adds vehicles.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Oh btw for roads. With Carpenter's Blocks you might want to look into Collapsible Blocks. You can do things like this:
7Ueux0h.png

This is just the raw Collapsible Block, I have not yet applied any cosmetic block.
They do require a LOT of patience to use though, so not for the weak of will :p
Just bear in mind that their height "scale" is divided into 15 and plan your ramps accordingly(make the ramps in steps of 3, 5 or 15 and then add 1 block in each end to smoothen the curve. Picture is a 5 step ramp with 1 added in each end).