Lava Powered Steam Boilers

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any alternative to nether lava that could produce enough lava to keep up with a steam boiler? Lava crucibles cost more power than they produce, except when processing blaze rods, in which case the crucible consumes about 90% of what the steam boiler would produce. I don't think there are any other options are there?

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Well.. no duh lava is less effective than charcoal so just farm that. (yea tell me about it since lava is harder to come by than charcoals..)

namae

Jul 29, 2019
If you have GT you better burn lava in thermal boilers, those are quite efficient at that.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose if you have your heart set on it, you can go with sinister bee power. They essentaily make an item used in the production of lava from the squeezer, which you may also want teamed up with a source of cobble as that's part of crafting lava.

I suggest getting a huge buffer of lava to burn through to heat this, then use this method for maintenance. Also suggest adding a second boiler after as the maintnance will take a bit of power. Probably nowhere near what the other machines need to produce lava, but it's best to be careful.

Now first you will want an alveary or two, loaded up with perfect sinisters. Have a system set up to autocraft frames, if you have dartcraft you can upgrade impregnated frames to Proven, So a farm for force wood would be advised. Finally a few squeezers and centrifuges to keep up with bee production. This would probably be the best way I can think of other than an age for lava with a smart lava system that can gather from no sources when it can no longer find lava.

Msteward

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't you tesseract or pump Lava either from the Nether or from a Lava Lake in a Cave into a large Iron Walled Tank then Liquiduct the lava from there to either combustion engines and then use an aqueous accumulator to pump water to them. Solid 6MJ/tick.. I currently pump lava and water into Thermal Generators and use Electrical Engines off that upgraded to 14MJ/tick per engine.. And both water and lava don't drop at all so no need to worry about over heating. ?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC, lava burn value inside ilquid fuel boiler was nerfed by CovertJaguar due to the fact that back in 1.4.7 (or maybe even further back?) What players do are draining the nether and fueling the boilers via ender tank, and to him (and quite a handful of users too) it is too much power for too little effort.

And thus the nerf to make lava power unattractive.

As for charcoal, you need an automated tree farm and the rest of the automated infrastructure to smelt them into charcoal then feed them to the boilers.

Much more involved than lava fueled, IMO.

Reactions: RedBoss