Lava Generator, Side effect of a 5MW Solar Tower

Ausyarr

Jul 29, 2019
While investigating solar towers from Rotarycraft I found out that a few solar mirrors will set players on fire and set wood of fire but with quite a few more you can turn dirt into glass and cobblestone into lava.

javaw2014-02-2316-14-12-964_zpsc7532e27.png

So I have built an automated machine to place cobblestone and to suck up to lava to be stored. The system requires the smallest amount power to run.

1. Block Placer from MFR to place cobble stone on top of the solar mirror. I used this machine because it does not place blocks if a liquid block like water or lava is in place. Other block placing machines tended to destroy the lava to place the cobblestone.

2. Igneous Extruder from Thermal expansion to create the cobblestone for free and have it output to the block placer.

3. Pump from Rotarycraft. Has to be placed over the lava and solar mirror. It won't melt. Other pumping solution may melt.

It takes 10 RF per cobble stone to place and the pump can be powered by a dc motor which is free power like a restone engine. Only works during the day.

Hope you guys like it.

Last edited: