Lava - Centrifuge setup

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
I have devised a way to get infinite lava (and obsidian) much faster*:

Basically, I set my spawn near an end portal and have a piston push me down into it (activated with a button, will improve it to a timer in the future). Once I get there, press another button (will upgrade to a timer) which will activate block breakers to break the obsidian layer (sent to an item tesseract) , with a turtle to move up and break the center block. Then I fall down into a portal [spawner] which portals me to the exit portal. Press esc. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

The obsidian gets pumped out of the tesseract back at base, (heres the creative part) and gets thrown into a Deployer, which gets placed in a wraith fire oven, which we all** know gets turned into lava, placed a Grate next to it, pump into a RC Iron Tank by an RP Pump (planning on changing to an IC2 pump cuz RP2 one is kinda wonky with Iron Tanks).

I usually stockpile on obsidian, since i live 1000+ blocks way from the portal (recently discovered another stronghold a mere 200 blocks away but too lazy to re-setup).

* - unless you got 18+ magma crucibles on cobble which i doubt
** - inferring

Berserkenstein

Jul 29, 2019
64 magma crucibles melting netherrack
FPdYq87.jpg

32 industrial centrifuges spinning lava
WL4sfGP.png

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
actually, that surprises me

I thought you use a frameship to harvest netherrack.

a frameship that uses blockbreakers to cut through it's path and miners to harvest all the netherrack below. and the netherores are a nice extra...

Shenzo

Jul 29, 2019
That is exactly what i wanted to know, How many crucibles you would need per centrifuge so it would keep up and constantly going :)
I did some basic calculations and with 16 centrifuges. 5 hours of constant centrifuging would give ya 34 stacks of copper, Which is Awesome!

EDIT: I just realised this:
Copper - Lava Centrifuging
Tin - Lava Centrifuging
Iron - Golem farm
Gold- Zombie pigmen soul shards
Redstone - Witch soul shards
Diamonds - Coal Chunks

Jeez, Who need quarries ;)
But I will keep quarring to get Rubies/Sapphires/Green-Sapphires, Coal, Bauxite and so on.

You can get coal from wither skeletons so...
almost everything is renewable =] (well will mystcraft you can create infinite worlds so only the ores and end stone from the end aren't i think, maybe the nether ores, netherrack and soulsand)

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
With Mystcraft, EVERYTHING is renewable. Even if you, somehow, in only one lifetime, managed to mine out all the ores out of both the Overworld and a Mystcraft dimension, you could simply create a new one. Ad infinitum. Since there's a Hell biome for Mystcraft, even Netherrack and Nether Bricks are renewable, since you can almost recreate the nether (but no bedrock ceiling...)

Berserkenstein

Jul 29, 2019
actually, that surprises me

I thought you use a frameship to harvest netherrack.

a frameship that uses blockbreakers to cut through it's path and miners to harvest all the netherrack below. and the netherores are a nice extra...

I use a frameship to mine in a forest biome because there's bauxite in forest biomes in addition to other ores.

For netherrack, I just want netherrack so plopping down a quarry is fine and I actually don't burn tons of the stuff.