Lava - Centrifuge setup

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
Im looking into make a automated Electrum,tin,copper setup, by centrifuging Lava.
Im planning to have 16 industrial centrifuges, or go overkill and get like 32 or 64.
So what would be the best way to do this? Piping lava from the nether? (Im worried about the chunk reset problem)
Is there a aqua accumulator or whatever they are called for lava?`

Leave your suggestions or some screens of your setup If you have one

EDIT: Im on the Ultimate pack

Thanks

Barbarian Kitten

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on the ultimate modpack. I have two centrifuges going that get lava directly from two magma crucibles. One igneous extruder feeds cobble to both of the crucibles, and an energy link with an EU consumer and BC producer gives power to my system from my EU backbone. This feeds directly into my ME system, giving me free resources at the cost of power. I don't currently have any solar panels, but if I did this would be a 100% free system. As it is now I just keep feeding generators fuel to get EU for the process.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
If you have sufficient MJ generation going (don't forget electric engines if you're mostly EU), magma crucibles can melt a few different types of stone and provide lava accordingly. No nether (or mystcraft lava ocean!) pumping required. :)

Suggest you start with a small number of machines first, 1-4 perhaps, and flesh out the methodology of your pipe and power networks prior to setting up all the machines. Saves me time almost every time in the end, though this is likely due to changing my mind a few times in the middle of builds because mental planning isn't a smooth process. :eek:

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on the ultimate modpack. I have two centrifuges going that get lava directly from two magma crucibles. One igneous extruder feeds cobble to both of the crucibles, and an energy link with an EU consumer and BC producer gives power to my system from my EU backbone. This feeds directly into my ME system, giving me free resources at the cost of power. I don't currently have any solar panels, but if I did this would be a 100% free system. As it is now I just keep feeding generators fuel to get EU for the process.
Sounds cool. It takes 500 seconds for it centrifuge huh? (I dont have access to FTB right now)
How much copper/tin/electrum do you get aprox. per hour?

Barbarian Kitten

Jul 29, 2019
It takes probably another minute or so to pop the 16 lava into the cetrifuge, so if you had the power to spare and put two magma crucibles per centrifuge you would be getting those full resources every 500 seconds. I haven't really monitored how much I get per hour, but I have left a chunkloader in my base with two centrifuges on one magma crucible, and when I get back from work it will be about 12 hours since i checked my system, and at that point I was out of tin because of everything needing cells. I might add in extra of these systems in a nearby mountain or something hidden away instead of flush with my wall. I'll take pictures when I get home, and give you stats as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1363801594][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you have sufficient MJ generation going (don't forget electric engines if you're mostly EU), magma crucibles can melt a few different types of stone and provide lava accordingly. No nether (or mystcraft lava ocean!) pumping required. :)

Suggest you start with a small number of machines first, 1-4 perhaps, and flesh out the methodology of your pipe and power networks prior to setting up all the machines. Saves me time almost every time in the end, though this is likely due to changing my mind a few times in the middle of builds because mental planning isn't a smooth process. :eek:
I use AE and thus collection is super easy, I've just got an import bus slapped on the side of it with a facade to cover it up. It looks beautiful from inside the workroom, and it works great.

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
It takes probably another minute or so to pop the 16 lava into the cetrifuge, so if you had the power to spare and put two magma crucibles per centrifuge you would be getting those full resources every 500 seconds. I haven't really monitored how much I get per hour, but I have left a chunkloader in my base with two centrifuges on one magma crucible, and when I get back from work it will be about 12 hours since i checked my system, and at that point I was out of tin because of everything needing cells. I might add in extra of these systems in a nearby mountain or something hidden away instead of flush with my wall. I'll take pictures when I get home, and give you stats as well.

That is exactly what i wanted to know, How many crucibles you would need per centrifuge so it would keep up and constantly going :)
I did some basic calculations and with 16 centrifuges. 5 hours of constant centrifuging would give ya 34 stacks of copper, Which is Awesome!

EDIT: I just realised this:
Copper - Lava Centrifuging
Tin - Lava Centrifuging
Iron - Golem farm
Gold- Zombie pigmen soul shards
Redstone - Witch soul shards
Diamonds - Coal Chunks

Jeez, Who need quarries ;)
But I will keep quarring to get Rubies/Sapphires/Green-Sapphires, Coal, Bauxite and so on.

Barbarian Kitten

Jul 29, 2019
when the centrifuge finishes it's cycle and only fed off of one magma crucible running at max speed I think it has 14 lava. So theoretically every 7 or so centrifuges you should have an extra magma crucible to get them spinning at max speed. A better setup might be to have magma crucibles leading to a tank, then the tank feeding the centrifuges via Liquiducts to ensure the centrifuges are always full. This also allows you to add onto this system at will.

Yup, definitely going to make a big room with this idea. Gotta roll up a xycraft or iron tank, get some crucibles going and hook up a few more centrifuges. My tin consumption is off the charts. I started taking my hydrogen and turning it into H-2, and then that into H-3 and putting that into a tank via transposer so I could keep all my cells doing important things.

Barbarian Kitten

Jul 29, 2019
That is exactly what i wanted to know, How many crucibles you would need per centrifuge so it would keep up and constantly going :)
I did some basic calculations and with 16 centrifuges. 5 hours of constant centrifuging would give ya 34 stacks of copper, Which is Awesome!

Tin - Lava Centrifuging
Iron - Golem farm
Diamonds - Coal Chunks

But I will keep quarring to get Rubies/Sapphires/Green-Sapphires, Coal, Bauxite and so on.

My opinions on those items:
I can see getting iron from a golem farm, but i'm 100% too lazy to set something like that up. I believe there's a horrible conversion ratio, yet still possible to turn tin dust into iron dust. Electrum can be turned into silver and gold via centrifuging after pulverizing. Diamonds from coal chunks only make industrial variants, and are not as useful as they might seem, and I have never ever run into witches, and I play a lot.

Rubies get pulverized automatically for me, I need that ruby dust for much-needed chrome. Green-Sapphires get pulverized and then electrolized to make Sapphire dust, which I will eventually probably implosion compressor to normal sapphires so I can make lapotron crystals cheap.

Edit: I haven't made a quarry yet, I'm looking at alternatives to annihilating my landscape. The mining well might be a good alternative, and I need to hit up some mystcraft ages to see what I can do about sustainable resources. The majority of my manual mining comes from finding the ever-so-common hollow hills in the Twilight forest.

Edit Edit: I'm currently plowing as fast as I can twoards a matterfabber, and then I will drop in a bunch of UU recipes to my AE crafting system so I won't need to worry about the odd materials I need.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019

Tin - Lava Centrifuging
Iron - Golem farm
Diamonds - Coal Chunks

By that logic, Iron/Gold/Diamonds can be produced from Golem Farm + EE3 or Pigman Farm + EE3. Since with EE3 4 iron = 1 gold and 4 gold = 1 diamond. Pigmen Farm, if turned into a XP farm with Melee Turtles, will also drop Shards of Minium which can be used to make more Minium Stones, making all of these renewable resources.

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
By that logic, Iron/Gold/Diamonds can be produced from Golem Farm + EE3 or Pigman Farm + EE3. Since with EE3 4 iron = 1 gold and 4 gold = 1 diamond. Pigmen Farm, if turned into a XP farm with Melee Turtles, will also drop Shards of Minium which can be used to make more Minium Stones, making all of these renewable resources.
OMG. THIS IS EPIC. Thanks dude![DOUBLEPOST=1363806372][/DOUBLEPOST]
I can see getting iron from a golem farm, but i'm 100% too lazy to set something like that up. I believe there's a horrible conversion ratio, yet still possible to turn tin dust into iron dust. Electrum can be turned into silver and gold via centrifuging after pulverizing. Diamonds from coal chunks only make industrial variants, and are not as useful as they might seem, and I have never ever run into witches, and I play a lot.

Rubies get pulverized automatically for me, I need that ruby dust for much-needed chrome. Green-Sapphires get pulverized and then electrolized to make Sapphire dust, which I will eventually probably implosion compressor to normal sapphires so I can make lapotron crystals cheap.

Edit: I haven't made a quarry yet, I'm looking at alternatives to annihilating my landscape. The mining well might be a good alternative, and I need to hit up some mystcraft ages to see what I can do about sustainable resources. The majority of my manual mining comes from finding the ever-so-common hollow hills in the Twilight forest.

Edit Edit: I'm currently plowing as fast as I can twoards a matterfabber, and then I will drop in a bunch of UU recipes to my AE crafting system so I won't need to worry about the odd materials I need.
Just a quick tip, Use transformation powder on Skeletal druids in the twilight, It will transform into a witch

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Since you liked my tip, i'll give some more.

- The transformation process works both ways. So you can turn Diamond back into Gold, and Gold back into Iron.

- 4 Logs = 1 Obsidian. 4 Obsidian = 1 Iron. And from there, normal recipes until Diamond. So you can get ONE Diamond out of a Stack of Wood. This process will use 16 uses out of the 1521 you have on the Minium Stone. Meaning, a little over 1%. So you can make about 100 Diamonds out of 100 Stacks of Logs.

Abusing EE3 is a little bit harder than abusing EE2, and it's not like you can get EVERYTHING like you could with EE2, but be careful, if you use it too much, it may make your game too easy =]

Also, if you want a Witch Shard... Make a T5 Shard out of anything you want, bring an empty Soul Shard to a Witch Hut. Kill the Witch, and get a T0 Witch Shard.

Combine in an anvil as follows: T0 Witch + T5 (whatever) = T5 Witch Shard.

Extremely easy, and cheesy. Not something i'd do, it's obviously an exploit, but for Witches... I mean, they're insanely hard to find, and they spawn REALLY slowly unless you go crazy with building in the Witch Hut.

MagusUnion

Jul 29, 2019
but be careful, if you use it too much, it may make your game too easy =]

That's up to the user to decide. Personally, I welcome excess resources, but that's only because I eventually develop needs for those resources soon after...

Then again, I'm not a fan of mob farms either, so each to their own...

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
Since you liked my tip, i'll give some more.

- The transformation process works both ways. So you can turn Diamond back into Gold, and Gold back into Iron.

- 4 Logs = 1 Obsidian. 4 Obsidian = 1 Iron. And from there, normal recipes until Diamond. So you can get ONE Diamond out of a Stack of Wood. This process will use 16 uses out of the 1521 you have on the Minium Stone. Meaning, a little over 1%. So you can make about 100 Diamonds out of 100 Stacks of Logs.

Abusing EE3 is a little bit harder than abusing EE2, and it's not like you can get EVERYTHING like you could with EE2, but be careful, if you use it too much, it may make your game too easy =]

Also, if you want a Witch Shard... Make a T5 Shard out of anything you want, bring an empty Soul Shard to a Witch Hut. Kill the Witch, and get a T0 Witch Shard.

Combine in an anvil as follows: T0 Witch + T5 (whatever) = T5 Witch Shard.

Extremely easy, and cheesy. Not something i'd do, it's obviously an exploit, but for Witches... I mean, they're insanely hard to find, and they spawn REALLY slowly unless you go crazy with building in the Witch Hut.
You actually need 4 stacks of logs for 1 diamond ;) 64 logs= 16 obsidian ---->4 iron= 1 gold

Affex

Jul 29, 2019

Industrial diamonds can easily be made into normal diamonds by crafting a diamond block with industrial diamonds, then uncrafting it[DOUBLEPOST=1363809615][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks for all the help guys!

I dont mind getting too much of something easily, May main thing to do in FTB is massproducing stuff, just for fun.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech also adds a recipe for renewable/machine based method to make iron. Electrolyze obsidian dust -- think it was like 8 obsidian dust for 1 iron.

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to automate the use of minium stone to make diamonds out of gold?
Like will it work with a autocrafting table? And is there a way to make emeralds?
(Ps. Dont have access to FTB atm)

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to automate the use of minium stone to make diamonds out of gold?
Like will it work with a autocrafting table? And is there a way to make emeralds?

You can use autocrafting tables, but you'll need a minium stone in the attached chest as it'll be the stone that takes the durability hit instead of the one on the table.

LightKnight

Jul 29, 2019

or xycraft fabricators , supposed to work too
and you can get emeralds from bees , i don't think there is other way

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah, I rememberd you could make emeralds with bees, Sadly im not in to bees and probably wont be for a while either.[DOUBLEPOST=1363977472][/DOUBLEPOST]
You can use autocrafting tables, but you'll need a minium stone in the attached chest as it'll be the stone that takes the durability hit instead of the one on the table.
Okay, Thanks

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
I think you can also get emerald from processing olivine ore (silktouched) in industrial grinder.

Dang, 8 redstone at electric rock breaker to get 8 obsidian and then 8 obsidian to get 1 iron and 2 silicon cells..