Launcher starts at 5 minutes or later or nothing

Psycopath

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everybody.
Sorry for my english, but i'm german.

I've got a problem with my FTB Launcher at version 1.4.1. I see in the windows task manager at the processes that work the Javaw.exe file but nothing happens.The problem is, my launcher start at 5 minutes or later or nothing.....
also downloads the mods need a few minutes until they start. please help me. i uninstalled al files on FTB and Minecraft. But nothing. on the FTB Version 1.4.0 whats all fine.
For German reply I would like to be grateful because my English is not good.

i used the Java Version 8. Windows 7 Ultimate.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know that the launcher is fully compatible with Java 8 yet. Might see if Java 7 is giving the same issues?

ClockworkDreams

Jul 29, 2019
I am actually having a similar issue. Ever since this recent update, the launcher takes anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes to launch. It takes so long i just walk away and come back to it open. I know it at least takes longer then 10, which honestly should not be. It wasnt doing this until after the 1.4 update.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any possibility of a firewall or similar causing issues?

I know the Comodo security system I use always puts a limiter on the file the first time I run it. If I don't tell it not to do this it causes lots of issues.

Psycopath

Jul 29, 2019
well I'm not the only one with a problem. Unfortunately, there is only the question what could be the[DOUBLEPOST=1405358847][/DOUBLEPOST]Firewall and anti-virus scanner I turned off. unfortunately, since the same problem.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

ClockworkDreams

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like it is allowing. I have Kaspersky, my Network monitor shows Java(TM) Platform SE Binary; Connections 7. None of them are blocked and all of them are showing an outbound stream. Now this is after i deleted ALL of my files because i thought there was some kind of conflict. So i am guessing this is because it has to Download everything again.[DOUBLEPOST=1405359116][/DOUBLEPOST]Finally got somewhere and it started working again. This is my Pastebin

http://pastebin.com/VkqtjkMP

Reactions: DeathOfTime

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
when you deleted the files did you do something about the ftblauncher folder in appdata Roaming? Like deleting it or renaming it to ftblauncher_bak .

Edit: I noticed when I started up the launcher that it complained about the path set in options. Don't know if this is new or not? Could be the path is the issue?

ClockworkDreams

Jul 29, 2019
Actually i deleted EVERYTHING, in both roaming and locals under my Appdata. After it started freezing when i tried to update from 1.3 to 1.4 i just said "F*^K IT" and deleted everything except my saves, i pulled them out of proper file of course and have them far away from where the install happens.

Psycopath

Jul 29, 2019
I have with me found a solution how I can reset to version 1.4.0 again. / User / AppData / Roaming / ftbluncher / updatetemp. and there you will find a file. for me this is the FTB Launcher with version 1.4.0.

EDIT: I have run times, and lo and behold. it opens immediately

ClockworkDreams

Jul 29, 2019
Mine is actually the newest version... Hope you figure out why your's isnt working though. I am just redownloading all my modpacks now.