Launcher Over-riding Changes to Modpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed several reports of people modifying their 1.6.4 mod packs (adding mods or changing configs) and the launcher continues to load the "vanilla" mod pack.
Once I can refind the threads, I'll post them here for you guys to see about ;)

Edit:
Stuff we need to track down why this is happening
  • a pastebin link to your console log
  • modpack name and version
  • what was changed (added/removed mods, config changes)

Last edited:

ErusPrime

Jul 29, 2019
I've removed quite a few mods but they try to load every time I start the pack. Even if I've deleted them from the folders. Also cannot add mods.
Specifically : Buildcraft [and all the addons], qcraft, flatsigns, mffs, computer craft, twilight forest, open blocks, open peripherals, and numina (just because I don't know what it is yet).
error log: http://pastebin.com/KhuPBJwz

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I've removed quite a few mods but they try to load every time I start the pack. Even if I've deleted them from the folders. Also cannot add mods.
Specifically : Buildcraft [and all the addons], qcraft, flatsigns, mffs, computer craft, twilight forest, open blocks, open peripherals, and numina (just because I don't know what it is yet).
Well Numina is required for Modular PowerSuits ;)

Xymorm

Jul 29, 2019
http://pastebin.com/wdCdcspQ
Screen Shot 2013-12-29 at 11.26.45 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-12-29 at 11.27.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-12-29 at 11.30.13 PM.png

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Need new links from both of you, they've expired. Please set your pastes to never expire. (You will need an account on pastebin.com to do this)

thefinn

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else experiencing this issue get an error downloading modpack whenever they reinstall or delete the direwolf20 modpack (my issue is with dw20).

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else experiencing this issue get an error downloading modpack whenever they reinstall or delete the direwolf20 modpack (my issue is with dw20).
Read what I posted on your thread. This thread is for reporting the issue. Anyone else posting here will have that same issue.
Post the way I asked you to. Otherwise, your post isn't helping us find and fix the problem.

thefinn

Jul 29, 2019
Well you also closed my thread, so if I cannot discuss it here and I cannot discuss it there, can you kindly tell me where I can discuss it ?

From what I can see, I get a failed md5sum each and every time I install the modpack. So if other people are also experiencing the same issue and we're all using the same mirror that could very well BE the issue.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Well you also closed my thread, so if I cannot discuss it here and I cannot discuss it there, can you kindly tell me where I can discuss it ?

From what I can see, I get a failed md5sum each and every time I install the modpack. So if other people are also experiencing the same issue and we're all using the same mirror that could very well BE the issue.
I want you to post the information I asked for.
We need your console log posted to pastebin.com linked in a posting on that thread. We also need a description of what mods you've disabled, and configs you may have changed.

Presently, there isn't a solution to this issue, the launcher team is still trying to track down why this is occurring.

There is no discussion. It doesn't work properly, and we're trying to figure out why then how to fix it. We don't know why it's happening, and we need information from the people experiencing the issue to be able to solve the problem.

Or, we can continue discussing something that can't be fixed on the user level. Your choice.

thefinn

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm sure a file copy issue probably isn't md5sum related at the repository or anything.

Anyhow, I seem to have fixed the issue - that couldn't be fixed at the user end.

And the quick fix is to delete the \users\%User%\AppData\Roaming\FTB Directory upon reinstallation.

But try it at your own risk - after all I'm only a lowly know-nothing user - Feel free to talk down to me.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
And the quick fix is to delete the \users\%User%\AppData\Roaming\FTB Directory upon reinstallation.
If this work around works for everyone else, we need to know that too.

It doesn't help us solve the reason for it happening. Unless you want to modify your installation every time there is an update. That's not a fix in my book.

We need console logs, mod pack names and versions, and what you were trying to modify.

Status
Not open for further replies.