Windows .exe Disabled mods re-install themselves, please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharkdiver

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to run FTB direwolf20 (v1.0.8) MC 1.6.4. I want to run this mod without hats or hatstands and I want to run it with journeymap and zansminimap. Here is the problem, when i disable has and hatstands using the launcher then the next time I run the game it just downloads itself again and enables the mod. journeymap and zans are doing the exact opposite because they start out disabled when i enable them and run the game it re-downloads those two mods and labels them with the .disable. I would just like to be able to enable and disable mods as i wish again. Please help. Thank you all.

thefinn

Jul 29, 2019
You are not alone, I keep getting the exact same thing. I'm reinstalling the entire FTB launcher right now, but am 99% sure it won't make a difference. Your post pretty much makes me certain.

thefinn

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah watching the open folder while hitting launch - the game seems to copy the Opis file back into the directory - even though it is disabled, and the disabled files of both journeymap and zansminimap back into a disabled state - in the end in-game they are all enabled, and you can not longer disable/enable them in the launcher as files exist for both states.

This is after a full reinstall.

Please help.

sharkdiver

Jul 29, 2019
I have entirely re-installed FTB as well. It does not seem to make a difference. It did not make a difference. I thought it might be a problem that was happening due to me having windows 7 but i upgraded to 8 and re-installed and no difference.[DOUBLEPOST=1388796381][/DOUBLEPOST]I am attempting to see if running .jar vs .exe makes a difference. I'm not entirely hopeful at this moment.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I have not had issues with this myself. Have you got the version set to recommended? I would check the mods folder to see if the mods have .disabled after them.

thefinn

Jul 29, 2019
You obviously didn't read what we wrote. Please don't half read a problem and give some off the cuff comment.

They have both the mod and a disabled file. BOTH.

When hitting launch, BOTH files appear for no reason.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
You obviously didn't read what we wrote. Please don't half read a problem and give some off the cuff comment.

They have both the mod and a disabled file. BOTH.

When hitting launch, BOTH files appear for no reason.

OK no problem. Are you running the recommended version or specifically picking 1.0.8?

Status
Not open for further replies.