Launcher out now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deadscion

Making the current configuration of this launcher work better does not fix the issue of mixed download/install and game launch in the same set of controls. I am sure you have your reasons for this, but trying to launch a game when the download server is malfunctioning will still be impossible. Unless this launcher is capable of functioning regardless of the download server reliability it will never be reliable as a game launcher.

Separate the controls.
By the way, deleting my posts does not delete the issue. It is cowardly and closed minded.

mfgamesys

Jul 29, 2019
Making the current configuration of this launcher work better does not fix the issue of mixed download/install and game launch in the same set of controls. I am sure you have your reasons for this, but trying to launch a game when the download server is malfunctioning will still be impossible. Unless this launcher is capable of functioning regardless of the download server reliability it will never be reliable as a game launcher.

Separate the controls.
By the way, deleting my posts does not delete the issue. It is cowardly and closed minded.

Ok dude it is not that they are 'cowardly and closed minded' because one are you paying for this? two are you paying for this? and three if your gonna be this picky don't use it.

This whole system works off of donations and ads atm so if your constant negative comments get deleted it is due to the fact your just being rude. Nothing is ever perfect.

But that doesn't mean you can't be damn close to it which is what I'm sure the ftb is working towards.

For me I am quite happy and with the modpack but if you think the download issue is a problem tell that to the ppl who used hacked clients and tell them to buy minecraft.

edit: thanks jaded for the clarification.

Reactions: macks2008

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

Separate the controls.

I cannot actually find any post of yours that has been deleted. Point me in the direction of something that has been deleted please so that the last sentence makes sense.

That said your post would have been fine here without the last sentence . The team is always willing to politely discuss differing opinions.

This whole system works off of donations and ads atm so if your constant negative comments get deleted it is due to the fact your just being rude. Nothing is ever perfect.
Actually no. The only company getting ad space with FTB is Creeperhost as they are the sponsor of FTB. Thet launcher team is not paid. The moderators are not paid. The wiki team, social media and mod pack teams are not paid. Slowpoke receives no money for FTB.

The entire team donates hours of their free time to make the launcher and mod pack(s). Slow has had to curtail his streaming to keep up with the demands on his time. The team as a whole devotes hours, days even weeks and months to trying to provide a free launcher and modpack. The average team member logs between 20-40 hours a week of donated time to try and make this something professional and useful.
However since this is not a funded job and no one is paid little things like the jobs that do pay the team's bills can cause slow downs. The reason rude posts are removed is that NO ONE here is paid to do this. They are all volunteers, and why should a volunteer put up with rudeness and disrespect without receiving compensation?

devilslayer1215

Jul 29, 2019
The Feed the Beast Modpack and Launcher are NOW AVAILABLE! Get it here:
http://www.feed-the-beast.com/

So for all of you that want to go right ahead and get started with FTB now here is a video by Direwolf20 explaining how to setup your client and server using the feed the beast launcher, please remember that the pack is still in beta and so may not contain all of the mods that will be in the final release however all being well worlds created in this version will be compatible in future versions of feed the beast, we would also like to thank Direwolf for the awesome tutorial that will probably save us many hours of support requests. Thanks to everyone for supporting feed the beast and we hope to see you around here in the future.

The FTB Team
thanks 4 the launcher i am terrible at downloading mods on minecraft:) also a suggestion, a cool mod 4 this would be the gravity gun mod.

Bobwithbigears

Jul 29, 2019
Having problems with the FTB launcher. Have downloaded the Launcher .exe but when I click launch it downloads the file and then closes.
Have turned off the anti-virus, turned off Spybot S&D still get the same results. Have also tried the .jar version and get same results.

There are no errors or anything to help identify the exact problem. I am using a paid account version of minecraft that works without problems. Any ideas.

Zalobomb

Jul 29, 2019
Heeeeeeeelp!!!! "[ERROR] net.ftb.workers.ModpackLoader.run:39 Exception reading modpackfile" what and how can i resolve this?

Maximuscr31

Jul 29, 2019
It puts the ./minecraft directory wherever your ftb.exe or jar is located. As long as you don't use %appdata% you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.