Launcher not working on windows 8!

elites180

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, i recently got a new pc, and FTB worked perfectly when i first installed it, now when i open the launcher, my console gets spammed with this.
Please help!
HTML:
FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.2.0) AnalyticsBackgroundThread started Java version: 1.7.0_10 Java vendor: Oracle Corporation Java home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7 Java specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification version: 1.7 by Oracle Corporation Java vm: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM version: 23.6-b04 by Oracle Corporation OS: x86 Windows 8 6.2 Error making tracking request: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine [i18n] Checking for updates ... [i18n] enUS English language file loaded! [i18n] Could not retrieve version info, skipping update.: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine For input string: "’

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
I also got Windows 8, and i fixed the problem the following way:
  • Right click on the launcher file.
  • Go into properties.
  • Go into compatibility.
  • Have the launcher run in compatibility mode for Windows 7.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
  • Go into properties.
  • Go into compatibility.
Since this is the most simple solution I've found, can I add this to my trouble shooting guide?

elites180

Jul 29, 2019
  • Go into properties.
  • Go into compatibility.

Hrm, it still isnt working..

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Since this is the most simple solution I've found, can I add this to my trouble shooting guide?
If it can help people then yes, but do remember to add in that if it stays in compatibility mode the game starts flickering. Only have it run in compatibility mode, when you want to download modpacks, possible also other files.
Can you post a new log, on pastebin this time.

Apophis1

Jul 29, 2019
Worked fine in Win8 for me no issues at all, I am yet to find anything that windows 8 has problems with

grindle2000

Jul 29, 2019
I personally have had no problems with running FTB in Win 8 and I actually get better stress scores across the board on windows 8 , granted only slightly better than Win 7 but still better.

The interface was a bit clunky at first but once i got used to it seems strange to be on a win 7 machine now.

mantuxas301

Jul 29, 2019
for me its kaspersky thats causing the problem(also on windows 8) luckily i was able to resolve it by tweaking java settings at the firewall

UncleSam21997

Jul 29, 2019
for me its kaspersky thats causing the problem(also on windows 8) luckily i was able to resolve it by tweaking java settings at the firewall
I also have kaspersky and windows 8 and have been trying for hours to fix it, although I have not prevailed. Can you tell me how you did this with the firewall in kaspersky?

mantuxas301

Jul 29, 2019
I also have kaspersky and windows 8 and have been trying for hours to fix it, although I have not prevailed. Can you tell me how you did this with the firewall in kaspersky?
Ok ill try to help you. You should follow these steps: 1.Go to settings in Kaspersky 2.Select the Firewall tab and click settings. 3.Under all applications find folder Oracle America or similar. 4. Click the plus sign :p 5. you should see 5-6 applications called: Java(TM) Platform SE binary. 6. Right click on any of those and select 'application rules...' 7.Go to the 'Exclusions' tab and tick the box on 'Do not scan network traffic' 8. Repeat it on all 5-6 'Java(TM) Platform SE binary'. 9.(IMPORTANT) APPLY new firewall settings. 10. Enjoy Feed the beast and minecraft without this lame problem ;) Hope this helps, cheers.

UncleSam21997

Jul 29, 2019
I had already done everything except the exclusion tab, this has seem to taken away a couple of lines of error code. Although, I do not have 5-6 of the java binary files. I only have one. Also the launcher is still not working.

Here is the exact error code it gives me when I try to launch the software.

IOException, minecraft servers might be down. Check @ help.mojang.com
Login failed:
connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine

I also get a error saying IOException Minecraft servers might be down. Check @help.majong.com

ChocoMocoHD

Jul 29, 2019
I had already done everything except the exclusion tab, this has seem to taken away a couple of lines of error code. Although, I do not have 5-6 of the java binary files. I only have one. Also the launcher is still not working.

Here is the exact error code it gives me when I try to launch the software.

IOException, minecraft servers might be down. Check @ help.mojang.com
Login failed:
connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine: java.net.ConnectException: connect: Address is invalid on local machine, or port is not valid on remote machine

I also get a error saying IOException Minecraft servers might be down. Check @help.majong.com

I had this same problem and then got help from a FTB Admin. First close all java programs, press WINDOWS button + R and paste in this code: -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
And you should see a black screen pop up and disappear in a millisecond and that means it worked! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1366666882][/DOUBLEPOST]
I had this same problem and then got help from a FTB Admin. First close all java programs, press WINDOWS button + R and paste in this code: -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
And you should see a black screen pop up and disappear in a millisecond and that means it worked! :D

Geepers1999

Jul 29, 2019
I keep getting this error { Error: Could not find or load main class Java.net.preferIPv4Stack=true } please help me im launching the mindcrack pack

MegaUltraNinja

Jul 29, 2019
I keep on getting an Error whenever i try to play on any 1.6.4 packs
2013-12-21 16:46:44 [SEVERE] [Minecraft-Client] ########## GL ERROR ##########
2013-12-21 16:46:44 [SEVERE] [Minecraft-Client] @ Post render
2013-12-21 16:46:44 [SEVERE] [Minecraft-Client] 1285: Out of memory
and that's the error message that i get i don't know why it happens though i have open GL off so could you find a fix? i know that is not very much but that is the only thing i could find went wrong. http://pastebin.com/nvinqWb3 is the pastebin link to it
edit: this doesn't happen on my horrible win 7 PC so that's why it's here

Last edited:

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
I have an odd question. I'm running FTB and the fix for my issue should be to run it as an administrator. However, this file does that have the option to run as an admin and doesn't even have a compatibility tab. Any ideas how to fix this? I can play multiplayer, just not singleplayer.