Launcher not updating properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazoide38

Jul 29, 2019
When I open the launcher it tells me that there is a new update available so I click yes to update it however the launcher just closes itself and when I open it again the same message appears. I have already tried deleting all the files in the folder and starting it up. However it does the same thing. I'm running windows 7.

-Spazoide38

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
There is most likely a space in the filepath for your launcher file.
The updated launcher file should laying in the temp folder, just move it to where the launcher file is and it should work propperly.
Or you could just remove the spaces in the filepath leading to the launcher. (This update fixes the whole space issue so it shouldn't be a problem in the future)

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
There is most likely a space in the filepath for your launcher file.
The updated launcher file should laying in the temp folder, just move it to where the launcher file is and it should work propperly.
Or you could just remove the spaces in the filepath leading to the launcher. (This update fixes the whole space issue so it shouldn't be a problem in the future)
Good to know. I had my launcher in C:/Program Files

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Please go into where your FTB launcher is and look for folder named UpdateTemp in there should be a new Jar or Exe move it from there to where your old launcher was.

This should fix your problem. =)

Spazoide38

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the help. Although can the only spaces in my file path are the ones for the file name which is " Minecraft FTB modPack" so is there a problem with that?

Saitek2073

Jul 29, 2019
When I start FTB I am getting this [ERROR] Exception during reading modpackfile,
So I did a fresh install and I am still getting this, any ideas?

Saitek2073

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, I was looking for a topic on this

-Merge Posts-

Glad to know, Thanks for the awesome help

Status
Not open for further replies.