Windows .exe Launcher gaining 400K mb of ram within 30 seconds of launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenomFrog

Jul 29, 2019
ive been playing FTB for quite awhile now, but recently ive noticed in the 1.0.5 update when i open it up it slowly climbs (about 25k a sec) to 400k of memory. it is extremely slow and laggy and annoying. any help? :( ive tried decreasing the mem in the settings in the launcher to 256 mb :L still nothing...
help? :(

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Can you provide more info please? I keep looking at this not knowing anything to suggest. So maybe more info will help :)

VenomFrog

Jul 29, 2019
ok sure here. this is after about 15-25 seconds of startup.
whats weird is i only have about 2 gigs of ram and a 1 TB internal drive.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    100.1 KB · Views: 50

VenomFrog

Jul 29, 2019
look at the capture i did, thos e r my top programs running. it cant be those becuase this isnt up untill recently that its been doing this. since the V1.0.5 update. i used to play this all the time with 120FPS, then updated it 2 days ago and now this runs out of mem too qquicky (but the "ur MC has run out of memory " does show up.) it just gets slower....and slower framerate. if u have any ideas im all for it, but if u dont im going to remove it from my PC then re download it.[DOUBLEPOST=1353028609][/DOUBLEPOST]no program of that nature should gain 2 gigs of memory within 1 minture of being played btw.
oh and by Internet connection download is 45 MBPS and Upload is 5 MBPS

aanthony3

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure you have enough memory allocated. Jumping to 246000 kb within a few seconds of starting is completely normal. The lag might be caused by not having a sufficient amount of ram allocated. You need a minimum of 512 mb to run FTB smoothly. The amount allocated can be changed under the options tab

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
look at the capture i did, thos e r my top programs running. it cant be those becuase this isnt up untill recently that its been doing this. since the V1.0.5 update. i used to play this all the time with 120FPS, then updated it 2 days ago and now this runs out of mem too qquicky (but the "ur MC has run out of memory " does show up.) it just gets slower....and slower framerate. if u have any ideas im all for it, but if u dont im going to remove it from my PC then re download it.[DOUBLEPOST=1353028609][/DOUBLEPOST]no program of that nature should gain 2 gigs of memory within 1 minture of being played btw.
oh and by Internet connection download is 45 MBPS and Upload is 5 MBPS
2 GB of RAM is 2 MILLION K, not 200,000. You need to allocate more RAM to your game. If you're still having issues, don't run anything else while you're playing (example: Steam). [Edit: also, anyone else trying to use your internet extensively] If you can't allocate more memory, then you will have to upgrade your RAM. If you can't afford to, sorry, but you're SOL.

VenomFrog

Jul 29, 2019
nah i have a gaming computer with plenty o ;)
this was my laptop laptop xD and yeah im a idiot, nvm xp ive always made that mistake -.- im used to metric's going by 10's :p sorry for ur time xD lol.
no and i just did a www.speedtest.net while people were using it extensively. thats my avg connection.
thanks tho :3 how do i alloc more RAM? :p

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Considering that you used to get 120 fps will i guess that your laptop doesn't recognize the launcher as a game and therefor don't engage the dedicated craphics card.
If you got a nvidia card then open Nvidia Control panel and go to "Manage 3d settings" and choose your dedicated graphics card instead of "choose automaticly".
If you got a ATI/AMD card then you need to open Catalyst control center and look around for their hybrid solution and a way to keep your GPU always enabled.
Please note that you should turn this back once you'r done playing minecraft or your computer will be unnessesarily warm and drain battery considerably faster.

VenomFrog

Jul 29, 2019
i figured the problem guys. im sorry i was sick and tired when this happened, i forgot that 1 million K is a gig, not 100 K. i thought it was taking up 4 gigs when that clearly only had 3 gigs of mem...

Status
Not open for further replies.