Unix Launcher doesn't save username/password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadaskew

Jul 29, 2019
I did a complete wipe and reinstall to a different drive and it's still happening. Did a little more troubleshooting, the profile gets wiped whether I log in or not,. I made a dummy profile with a made up name and pass and that one is unaffected and is still there, looking at the logindata before and after closing the launcher it contains 2 entries like it's supposed to and it has all permissions.

Which leads me to believe it may have something to do with me transferring my account from minecraft to mojang and the username change. Plus the launcher logs still identify me as Tadaskew, not my email which is the mojang username, tho that might be normal I don't know. I can log in to vanilla with the mojang username with no problem, and it remembers it, magic launcher remembers it, technic remembers it. Magic launcher is pulling the info from lastlogin out of the minecraft directory. Technic has its own lastlogin file. So confused. It's annoying but not serious.

Tadaskew

Jul 29, 2019
Ding Ding Ding, fixed it. Thanks to keepass I use very esoteric passwords with, among other things, special characters. Apparently the encryption method for logindata can't handle at least = and : though there are probably more. Changed my password to just caps and lowercase and tadaaa, profile saved. Tested with launcher 1.09 with special character passwords not saving and just alpha characters saving fine. If someone can confirm this please try to fix this when you get the time, I feel so brute forcible now. Hard to believe I'm the only one with this issue.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Grats for figuring it out! :D
And thanks for telling, rather surprised that there haven't been more problems with this.
Did a quick test and i seemd to be able to save special characters so i suspect it might be a launcher vs linux thing.

betrunkenaffe

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have special characters like : and = in my password so it can't be that for myself :p

It's started happening again so going to see what I can figure out by adding debugging.

Imado

Jul 29, 2019
I started playing FTB a little over a week ago and I've had this problem from the beginning. I'm running Win7 x64 with Java 7 x64.

I have the blank space in the profile selection under "select" and "create". Its like the launcher knows there's supposed to be a profile there, but it doesn't know the info. I found the logindata file in the ftblauncher folder in roaming, so it's there....but not?

My password does have special characters, a few of them. I might try the change, but would rather not since this pass is a pretty secure one (which makes a pain to type).

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Could you post a screen shot of the blank space? Have you tried deleting the lastlogin file and creating a new profile in the launcher?

Imado

Jul 29, 2019
Could you post a screen shot of the blank space? Have you tried deleting the lastlogin file and creating a new profile in the launcher?

See, there's two there in this one. Every time I create a profile, it is blank the next time I start up.
hQpSf.jpg

And I just tried deleting the logindata file and it didn't help. It still is not saving my login info.....

Imado

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have anything else then english letters and numbers in your user name on your computer?
Nope, nothing but standard lower case letters in my username. My password, on the other hand, is full of them.

Have you tried a complete reinstall of the launcher? This is a new one, that I haven't seen yet, so it's more of a "try this, it might work"
Gave it a try, with both the .jar and .exe launchers. It's still is doing it.

Edit: Tried creating a profile without the password being remembered. It saves the account name and everything, just asks for the pass when I launch. So it obviously doesn't like saving my password.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Just ruling out a posibility.
Seems wierd that there would be so few experiencing the problem if it didn't accept special letters in the password.
So were hoping it would be a linux only thing, but i guess not.
I guess someone should mention it in the launcher feedback subform, hopefully someone there will be able to provide some insight.

Imado

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, everything is current.

I think I can confirm the earlier fix of removing special characters from the password. Not sure which ones were the problem, but I had "@", ":", and "+". With my password just alphanumeric characters, it is working fine with remembering it.

betrunkenaffe

Jul 29, 2019
Saturn: I completely missed the pm, I've replied :)

I've added the "special characters" fix to the opening message.

Vilmos

Jul 29, 2019
I found this problem as well with the blank profile. It happens when you change from wired to wireless since the encryption seems to be based on MAC address. As bad an idea as that is, it is worse since when you go back to the original MAC address the login is still corrupted.

Also, why encrypt my profile name and login name if I don't choose to save my password in the program? It serves no use, especially when changing my MAC address permanently corrupts the profile?

Jamboy4

Jul 29, 2019
I started up FTB launcher and I hit launch and it said select a profile so when i went to profiles I created a new one but then it said invalid username or password. someone please tell me how to create a FTB profile

diunsc

Jul 29, 2019
I do that but it still seems to say that I have an Invalid Username and Password? I know I'm entering it correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.