Launcher doesn't launch minecraft launcher LINUX

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

MangoLTU

Dec 24, 2020
I want to play Direwolf modpack but whenever I press play nothing happens. I'm using the newer launcher, I have all the open java versions that it might need. Minecraft launcher is working fine. I'm on Feren OS

MangoLTU

Dec 24, 2020
I've fixed it. For Linux users if your're using Minecraft Java edition from Minecraft website:
1. Install FTBApp without root privileges.
2. Extract Minecraft deb file into you FTBApp directory. (If you used the default one than in will be /home/$USER&/.ftba/bin (It will extract with opt folder, just take everything out of opt directory and remove the folder) I used dpkg -i command)

Last edited:

SysOps

Dec 25, 2020
MongoLTU,
Can you provide more details? i extracted everything in the (minecraft deb) but its still not not loading.. what do you mean by dpkg -x .. Ive used sudo dpgk -i, but that installs like apt install... Thank you in advance.
can you take a screen shot of your /bin to show file structure?

SysOps

Dec 25, 2020
Update, I extracted everything from the /opt folder into the /bin folder and after a restart it works! (i guess i had a file messed up from trying so many times.)
MangoLTU, YOU ARE MY HERO!

Reactions: MangoLTU

SEC1329

Dec 29, 2020
Holy shit MangoLTU, I spent hours looking for a solution to this until I found this! Made an account just to thank you!

How is it that this is the only reference to this problem (and solution to it) I was able to find anywhere? No way we're the only ones.

But yeah, thanks a ton, you're a lifesaver!

Reactions: MangoLTU

nedoow

Apr 26, 2021
im pretty new to using linux and dont quite understand how to set this up and every time i try to run the dpkg -x /home/username/downloads/minecraft.deb file it cant locate it or it says that it doesnt exist if any one can provide some further explanation i would appreciate it.