launcher Crashes on any mod pack

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

toddh39

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot to say that I just did a fresh windows 10 install too.. and had the problem before and after reinstall.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
It's entirely possible that this is caused by faulty hardware, I've seen bad RAM sticks cause similar issues in the past, although that usually goes along with random blue screens. I would run one of the various memory check utilities (e.g. memcheck) to make sure your RAM isn't faulty.

Reactions: Ashzification

toddh39

Jul 29, 2019
It's entirely possible that this is caused by faulty hardware, I've seen bad RAM sticks cause similar issues in the past, although that usually goes along with random blue screens. I would run one of the various memory check utilities (e.g. memcheck) to make sure your RAM isn't faulty.

Done all the test.. and ram is good.. I can play world or warships and other no problems. I even have problems with vanilla MC crashing at load. it is Java. Java keeps crashing.

toddh39

Jul 29, 2019
I have been able to play for a day..but now it is starting to crash again. so what is going on...?

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Done all the test.. and ram is good.. I can play world or warships and other no problems. I even have problems with vanilla MC crashing at load. it is Java. Java keeps crashing.

How did you check the memory?

And do you got any 3rd party antivirus software on that machine?

toddh39

Jul 29, 2019
yes i checked the memory it is good... and no no 3rd party antivirus software. just windows defender. I was able to play no problems the other day.. but now crashes.. it even crashes right after launcher starts. so it is a java or mc problem.

toddh39

Jul 29, 2019
I took it out and had it test at computer tech. I have no problems playing a World of war ships or war thunder that demand more than Minecraft. it is ether MC or java.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
I took it out and had it test at computer tech
That's not a guarantee that a proper test has been made.

Try running Windows memory diagnostics (found if you search the start menu), and if that doesn't find anything I would also try Memtest86+ - or just go straight for the Memtest86+ (that test will take a while, just let it run until it's finished)

toddh39

Jul 29, 2019
That's not a guarantee that a proper test has been made.

Try running Windows memory diagnostics (found if you search the start menu), and if that doesn't find anything I would also try Memtest86+ - or just go straight for the Memtest86+ (that test will take a while, just let it run until it's finished)
I did buy new ram.. and guess what still crashes.. FTB and Vanilla still crash so it is Java or Minecraft.. please look at the crash report

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
I'm a bit curious about the steps you made.

Can we assume you did run memtest and the memory was failing? (or did you just buy new ram based on... what?)

And that report is 3 weeks old, post new logs. (and perhaps you did the hardware changes after that crash-report was created)

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
You don't make any sense and you don't answer questions.

I'm done waisting my time on you.