Windows .exe Launcher closes after I press "launch"

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
There is no reason for this issue to be continuing for you. The issues with the launcher at the time of your first posting have been resolved.

Yeah just noticed that he said that he did the troubleshooting guide but he can't have because of where ftb is installed. If he does not follow it this time then he is on his own.

Reactions: Ashzification

RLGamer

Jul 29, 2019
Has the troubleshooting guide changed? Either this is a different guide, or it has changed, because the first one I got sent to said nothing about the install location. All the previous one said was just to reinstall FTB and Java, then restart. I'll try putting it where the new guide says.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Has the troubleshooting guide changed? Either this is a different guide, or it has changed, because the first one I got sent to said nothing about the install location. All the previous one said was just to reinstall FTB and Java, then restart. I'll try putting it where the new guide says.
Every troubleshooting guide you will get from us will include that. You did it wrong.
You were originally directed to my original troubleshooting guide. Step two reads:
Delete everything from Feed the Beast. This means: deleting your Feed the Beast files/folders. You need to determine where your install folder is, which you can find by looking under the Options Tab in your Launcher. If you're using Windows, also navigate to your Roaming folder and delete your ftblauncher folder.
Then, steps six and seven read:
6. Create a folder on your Desktop and name it "FTB" (without the quotes). This is an essential part of the reinstallation process. It is so that we can rule out ANY issues with the location you were previously using.

7. Now put your FTB_Launcher.exe (or .jar) download into your FTB folder. This is to prevent any spaces or special characters from interfering with your download. To ensure that it is going to download files to the proper location, check in your launcher's Options tab. If the Install folder matches the location you put your launcher, then you're all set!

The new article you were just directed to is an updated version. It contains the same steps.