Windows .exe Launch Problem

Ikkalyzte

Jul 29, 2019
Operating System, bit type: Windows 7 (x64)
Java version/update, bit type: Java 7 update 45 (x64)
Launcher version: 1.3.1 (latest)
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): mostly
Console log, pastebin.com link: http://pastebin.com/KzgcYCZp
Description of the issue:

When I click "Launch" on any 1.6.4 mod pack (in this case Magic Farm 2), it will download just fine, then close just after it begins to initialize the mods. Nothing left, no console.
This log is not from the console, it is from minecraft itself: the reason I haven't affiliated it with a mod pack is because the same error seems to occur with all of them.

If I should post something additional, or if any further information is required, please let me know.

Ikkalyzte

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, here it is: http://pastebin.com/hRHzZuJi

It doesn't actually show any errors, which is why I didn't post it initally. It does show a multitude of Java versions, because I installed the SDK for other purposes. However, it seems to be selecting J7u45 (the right one as far as I understand); can it still cause problems?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*][12:26:23] [INFO] JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion:126: The FTB Launcher has found the following Java versions installed:
[*][12:26:24] [INFO] JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion:137: Java Version: 1.7.0_45 sorted as: 1.7.0_45 32 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
[*][12:26:24] [INFO] JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion:137: Java Version: 1.7.0_45 sorted as: 1.7.0_45 64 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
[*][12:26:24] [INFO] JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion:137: Java Version: 1.7.0_45 sorted as: 1.7.0_45 64 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45\bin\java.exe
[*][12:26:24] [INFO] JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion:137: Java Version: 1.7.0_06 sorted as: 1.7.0_6 64 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_06\bin\java.exe
[*][12:26:24] [INFO] JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion:137: Java Version: 1.7.0_45 sorted as: 1.7.0_45 64 Bit Java at : C:\Windows\system32\java.exe
[*][12:26:24] [INFO] JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion:137: Java Version: 1.7.0_45 sorted as: 1.7.0_45 32 Bit Java at : C:\Windows\SysWOW64\java.exe
[*][12:26:24] [INFO] JavaFinder.parseWinJavaVersion:159: FTB Launcher Prefers: Java Version: 1.7.0_45 sorted as: 1.7.0_45 64 Bit Java at : C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
[/LIST]

Uninstall all of those Java versions. Reinstall only Java 7, U 45 x64 JRE.
After that, if you still need the JDK you can reinstall it, but only get the 64 bit version if you do.

Ikkalyzte

Jul 29, 2019
I've now done a clean sweep of my system; removed all java versions except 64 bit, j7u45. (Swapped to a 64-bit browser, found a random java 6 sdk, etc)
It still, unfortunately, does the same thing, crashing on launch. I've updated the console log paste, but all that is different is the missing extraneous versions.
The thing is, it's the minecraft log (the one that I posted originally) that seems to have the error. The weirdest part is that it does not leave the console open: I had to go find the log file. Unfortunately, I lack the technical knowledge to figure out what would be going wrong when "injecting into classpath"...
Thanks for your help.

Ikkalyzte

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to bump, but it looks like a few people are having similar problems, and this thread is the only one with an error log in it :p
I do have only one installation of Java, the latest one, so that is (I think) not the problem.
I see all of your replies taking care of support, so I understand the small delay (a day isn't that long actually); however, if there are other support places I should post this, I would be happy to. Thanks so much for your efforts in solving everyone else's problems! :p

Reactions: Ashzification

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
According to the log you are running the launcher from your documents folder I would suggest doing the basic troubleshooting guide again here and follow it exactly as it is written.

Ikkalyzte

Jul 29, 2019
The weird thing is, I've been using FtB since it came out from that place, and not had a problem. But I will try moving it and see if that helps.

Edit: Thank you UniZero for telling me to try that. For whatever reason, when running a 1.6.4 pack, having a space in the directory path will make it not cooperate.
Personally, I think this is kind of a problem: I would think that a significant proportion of people have spaces in their directory names. There should be a way to sanitize the input. But oh well, at least my FtB is working!

Last edited: