[LAM] Learn A Mod - Project (Recruitments are open!)

iiLuffyGaming

Jul 29, 2019
Hey im kinda curious is this already open because i love to do it to learn more about some machines and the best way to use them !?

Greetings iiLuffy

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hey im kinda curious is this already open because i love to do it to learn more about some machines and the best way to use them !?

Greetings iiLuffy

Nope. Unfortunately the Op kind of left it hanging, citing next versions, insufficient staff, etc. (Silly reasons btw)

I'm hoping some energetic individual will take up the idea and run with it. Its an excellent idea and it really needs nothing but a kick in the butt to get going.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Nope. Unfortunately the Op kind of left it hanging, citing next versions, insufficient staff, etc. (Silly reasons btw)

I'm hoping some energetic individual will take up the idea and run with it. Its an excellent idea and it really needs nothing but a kick in the butt to get going.
I was actually planning on doing some work with this for jam packed...

Reactions: _Nobody_

Cuulduud18

Jul 29, 2019
My application:
Mods I can be an expert in:
Advanced genetics
Backpacks
Biomes o plenty
Enderstorage
Iron chests
Portal gun
thermal expansion and its addons
Thaumcraft and its addons
Tinkers construct.
I have a wide knowledge of most other mods in these packs, but usually not enough to be an expert, although I'm willing to research them. I want to be part of this project because I think it'll really help the modded community grow, I'm looking to be a game designer later on, I have knowledge on tutorial building and I think this'll be good practice. I would like to work primarily on tinkers' construct as no one else has offered, it's a large, very good and popular mod and I've experimented with and used it a lot. Here is a dropbox link to the world file for the example tutorial i made: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/47g21t4yymvacl4/AAAZOjKPAUhHMPjN5yimrfBAa

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
My application:
Mods I can be an expert in:
Advanced genetics
Backpacks
Biomes o plenty
Enderstorage
Iron chests
Portal gun
thermal expansion and its addons
Thaumcraft and its addons
Tinkers construct.
I have a wide knowledge of most other mods in these packs, but usually not enough to be an expert, although I'm willing to research them. I want to be part of this project because I think it'll really help the modded community grow, I'm looking to be a game designer later on, I have knowledge on tutorial building and I think this'll be good practice. I would like to work primarily on tinkers' construct as no one else has offered, it's a large, very good and popular mod and I've experimented with and used it a lot. Here is a dropbox link to the world file for the example tutorial i made: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/47g21t4yymvacl4/AAAZOjKPAUhHMPjN5yimrfBAa
[insert this project has been abandoned.gif]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Aww... What if we just made a thread where people could post tutorial worlds.
That could work too.

The OP kinda loses his nice vision of a large test lab, but small pieces are better than nothing.

They could still be assembled into a larger project later if someone felt like doing that legwork.

Cuulduud18

Jul 29, 2019
That could work too.

The OP kinda loses his nice vision of a large test lab, but small pieces are better than nothing.

They could still be assembled into a larger project later if someone felt like doing that legwork.

I was thinking I start a thread and people can just contribute by posting their own worlds without having to apply to anything and then you could download a world for a mod you want to learn. If anyone's interested I'll post a link here after I've made it.

edit: heres the link http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/mod-tutorial-maps.47711/

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I only think its a good idea if you contribute the first world yourself :)
Otherwise I do not think it will gain traction.

Eventually, it would almost be better to maintain a third-party pack that people could download with the exact mods and such required.