lag spikes

00Astal

Jul 29, 2019
I find while on a server I have a 20-30sec delay between what I do and what happens in the world. My ping is 300ms-341ms. I also have to stop every time while traveling to let the world catch up to me. Sometimes the lag also causes minecraft to crash.
Do you have any suggestions on how this can be fixed or if it can be fixed?
I already have the best service my internet service provider can give and I'm running windows 7 Professional

dragonhippie

Jul 29, 2019
Im guessing the 300ms - 341ms is the connection from you to the server? if so, The server COULD be further away from the country you currently live in. There is 99% chance that lag with the high ping, can cause lag issues and block "lag" and a bit of time for chunk loading.

If not, and your pretty close to the server, Try disabling firewall? Or allow Minecraft to pass through any internet virus protection.
If that doesn't work, Try asking any players on the server, if they too are getting lag, and what country the server and the players are from (ITS NOT CREEPY ASKING!) but dont ask for adresses, Only countries :p lol.
If everyone on the server seems to be lagging and they are pretty close to your area, try asking the owner to boost up the server or refresh the map, or restart the server if he is able. If you cannot do any of these, try looking for a server closer to you.

Hope this helped (Y)

Reactions: 00Astal