Kinetic Generators Powering Frame Motor

McSnovers

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been building my new base on my Mindcrack FTB server and was looking for a good source of energy for MJ and EU. I figured my best bet was to go with pumping lava form the Nether into endertanks and then distributing it into Thermal Generators and Magmatic Engines. My only concern was the fact that I'd be forced to tear it up and start again when the lava was entirely drained from that spot, so I decided to make a flying pump in the Nether via Redpower frames. The motor design I'm using relies on a remote power system which enderchests charged batteries to the battery box that are charged in overworld with solar panels. I could do this but I wanted to do something I think would like really cool, which is using kinetic generators to power my motors. I want to know if I can power the frame motors required to have a 6-directional ship with kinetic generators and if so, how many?

If it can't be done within a reasonable size I suppose I'll just use the remote power. Thanks in advance!

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
last i heard there was a problem with kinetic generators and frames. which is odd because they're both redpower.

CyborgTriceratops

Jul 29, 2019
I made a creative world where I drained a small lava lake and ended up filling 4-5 max sized (10 million+ milibuckets) iron tanks with lava. I had to use a few pumps to do it correctly and a fair amount of golden pipes, but I doubt you'll be running out of lava any time soon. You might be able to use Geothermal power to power them also.

McSnovers

Jul 29, 2019
It makes sense that they wouldn't work together, actually considering the wind turbines move when receiving wind power, and while the frames are moving the blocks attached are frozen. But I can't see why it wouldn't work while the ship was still.

@Cyborg
I plan to use this stuff to power Thermal Generators which will then power my Matter Fab. In order to get any speed at all I'll need several Thermals which will ultimately drain more lava faster, therefore that lava lake isn't going to last long before I need to tear down my entire setup and move it over. I'd rather have something permanent.

UndeadMushrooms

Jul 29, 2019
Kinetic Generators and frame motors work well together, however if you power the frame motor directly from the kinetic generator it will glitch and leave a giant, unbreakable hit box in your world, which cannot be removed by any means.