Kiamara's Cooperation for Infinity Evolved

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Would you be interested in a Dynamic mode server?

• I prefer Static mode

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I could have just not responded but I wanted to make sure you know I don't like your idea

• None of this matters because we are in the end of days

• Total voters
K

Kiama

I have poured tens of hours into customizing the progression mod for FTB Infinity Evolved 2.6.0

This is all about creating inter-dependence between players on a server. That is to say, it is probably not what you expect if you have played the Evolving Technology pack or whatever else uses this mod.

It is not a 'tech tree', in that it is not designed to change the order in which you progress through mods in either normal or expert mode, although it inadvertently will to an extent. After all, it would be totally redundant to crudely gate mods when Expert mode has already beautifully interwoven them all.

Instead, I used the mod to distribute at random most of the crafting mods between the players so that cooperation is not merely useful, but essential.

I have created two modes: Static and Dynamic

-Dynamic Mode-

With both modes, I have taken 48 mods and locked anything in them which can be crafted... with a few rare exceptions, including the edible items from Pam's Harvestcraft (you gotta eat).

There are, in theory, a total of 56 moments throughout your playthrough when you will recieve a congratulatory 'unlock'.

With each unlock you have a 10% chance of unlocking each locked mod.

Unlocks happen at the following times:

-First login
-Crafting an enchantment table
-Crafting a beacon
-Mining 100 stone
-Mining 1,000 stone
-and so on until 1,000,000 stone
-'Mastering' a mod

To master each mod, there are 3 items from it you will have to craft. You can check these in your Progression guide (if the server owner has set this to be one of your starting items), along with what mods you have currently unlocked.

You can master Agricraft pretty easily but most mods will be near [if not] impossible to master on Expert mode without cooperating with friends, which is what this is all about.

-Static Mode-

In static mode, you have a 50% chance of acquiring each mod when you first log in, and you are stuck with whatever you get. Obviously, on average you can expect 24 of the 48 mods.

-Installation-
First you need Progression-1.7.10-0.4.1, which you can find here:

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/progression/files/2244289

Then you need to unzip the criteria.json file for the mode you want:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8kKW-bInmQdaTFJNWx4OURpYm8

into:

config/progression/<your ip>
or
config/progression/ssp

You may want to edit local/ftbu/config.json to make it so that players start with this book on the server.

Under the motd:

"starting_items": [
"Progression:item 1 2"
]
-Server-
My server is currently running Infinity Evolved 2.6.0 with Dynamic mode:

185.38.150.150:25585

Discord: https://discord.gg/XJuYW72

-based in the UK
-as yet no whitelist
-no micro-transactions

Let me know if it isn't okay to include this in this post.
-Issues-
1. Please note that Extra Utilities' unstable ingots are impossible to craft and seem to be incompatible with the Progression mod even if it doesn't explicitly interact with the item. Stable-unstable ingots are still craftable. I would guess that the special rules hard-coded into crafting the unstable ingot only in a vanilla crafting table confused Progression.

2. Progression is no longer being maintained and while I have not had any problems outside of editing mode and the lack of functionality which I had to work around, I would like to find a maintained mod that does the same job of locking items or even better - whole mods - and allowing them to be unlocked in-game. Please let me know if you find such a mod.

I did consider asking joshiejack to take over the mod but he explicitly stated, 'Don't really want to hand it over to a beginner modder.'
-Credit-
If you use this on your own server, please credit Kiamara and of course joshiejack who created Progression, and please let me know in this thread so I can be proud that people are using it.

Last edited: