Keybounce's Overly Cluttered D... Den?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
This will be my last episode from the old (now gone) dev server back when 10a was being tested.

Featuring: a discussion about how much editing and delay went into making episodes from that server :).

And, fun with jetpacks, high-end axes versus jungles, etc.

Watch on youtube

EDIT: Reika informs me that this was 10a, not 15. Sorry.

Last edited:

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 8 of Captive Minecraft 4 playthrough, re-uploaded. (Accidentally deleted the first upload. Took a bit of time to re-enter all of the episode information).

I extend my light shafts down into the caves. I improve my spawn boxes. At 2x3x3, they spawned almost nothing; at 3x3x3, they spawn a lot. LOTS. Perhaps too much?

Ultimately I was killed by overconfidence. But hey, all my items are really close, right?

Watch on youtube

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Captive 4 episode 9 will be coming real soon now.

Here is the first episode from Reika's new dev server. Real life has given me a three week delay in getting started, so naturally, Reika has a decent base to show off by now. I'm trying to find a place to call home, but the place that I find is taken :).

Watch on YouTube

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
And here is CM4 Episode 9. I actually make it into the caves, and get a "beachhead". From this point forward, it should be no different than a normal vanilla caving operation, right?

As for my spawn traps, well, this is the second edition of them. They should be safe now, right?

Watch on YouTube

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Dev Server episode 16 (second episode since I started on the new server).

I have a home now. A nice little cozy cave with a "volcanic vent" (lava flow) -- move-in ready for any dragon.

Do note the episode title :)

Watch on YouTube

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quickie: Publication of past episodes -- overkill server plays captive minecraft 1, and I think I've got one or two more of my CM4 to go -- will resume now that I have some time.

Also: This sunday, we'll livestream more of CM1 to celebrate Anon's completion of 3rd year med school.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
So life has settled down a bit for me.

Corona Trials, part 1: A CTM map that has gotten reasonably good reviews. Three of us take on a map that has resources and supplies for one.

Now, what's the likelyhood of one person being trapped on the top of a tall mountain, at night, waiting for daylight, while in range of a spawner that is sending hordes of mobs at the others? I don't think this was a design consideration for this map, but still ...

Watch on YouTube

Reactions: Lethosos

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Getting back into things.

Captive Minecraft 9.5 -- a cleanup episode, with commentary from an old role playing friend.

Be sure to see all the items that despawn before I can pick them up :)

Watch on YouTube

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 2. We clean out the second area, Corona Valley, getting the magenta wool and emeralds 3-5.

We find a wooded area, a hidden temple, an abandoned village.

Oh, and a creeper trap that can be solved with a little intelligence. How do three smart explorers deal with this?

Watch on YouTube

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
I love the captive maps but want to make one of my own... is there anyway I can make a modded world into a captive map? I've been looking for the commands to emulate the border expansion as a result of achievements but I haven't found anything helpful yet.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Fly around in spectator mode. The command block structure is ... BIG.

I would not know what you could do. I don't know to what extent you can just copy the command blocks or not.

Reactions: Shiphty

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to both of you. I was hoping it'd be a bit simpler... I think this sort of thing is beyond my depth.

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I could just set the world boarder at the beginning and then add .5 every time I get an achievement.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Your best bet is to ask the people who made these maps. By now, having done 4 of them, they probably have a starting stock template.