Keeping Motivated?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DeadPillz

Jul 29, 2019
Well, as the title goes, how do you guys keep motivated to play?

Like sometimes I could play for a week straight doing tons of new stuff then bam one day I stop playing and start the usual watch videos, pointless browsing and refreshing my facebook feed...

I want to play FTB all the time but I never do instead I waste hours and hours when really I've accomplished nothing but tiredness.

halp.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I normally set either a large goal for me to achieve that'll take quite a bit of time, or seriously ramp up the difficultly of everything. If that doesn't do it, then I find another game to play for a bit.

xKazlyn

Jul 29, 2019
Try to do something new, each play through i try to do different ways of doing something simple, build a large base in another dimension or the sky, limit yourself from using certain mods to force yourself to try new things, basically my suggestion is to just try new things, new stuff will keep the game interesting and keep you motivated

Sent from my ZTE_N9511 using Tapatalk

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
You have to create challenges for yourself. With so many mods doing the same things in different ways, theres not a whole lot of natural gameplay balance. Sometimes I just pretend the easy option doesnt even exist. Setting up a steady stream of MFR mob essence without using extra utilities cursed earth for example. The ultimate goal is to create a mob prison where creepers are tortured in various ways. (thinking Ill drop them into a TiCo smelter for BLOOOD) Also even though I dont need the power, I am going to set up a few more power generators to power specific things. My AE system is running off buildcraft fuel, my quarry plus is running off of a big reactor. Soon Ill make a big turbine just for decoration mostly.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
If I get bored with my current game I either start a new world or go to an unused patch of land and start making TNT cannons.

Also, if you play minecraft windowed you can watch youtube while you play, doesn't need to be either-or :p

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
You have to create challenges for yourself. With so many mods doing the same things in different ways, theres not a whole lot of natural gameplay balance. Sometimes I just pretend the easy option doesnt even exist. Setting up a steady stream of MFR mob essence without using extra utilities cursed earth for example. The ultimate goal is to create a mob prison where creepers are tortured in various ways. Also even though I dont need the power, I am going to set up a few more power generators to power specific things. My AE system is running off buildcraft fuel, my quarry plus is running off of a big reactor. Soon Ill make a big turbine just for decoration mostly.

This, and making the challenges even harder (eg - run your base off sewage and gunpowder in reactant dynamos :))

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I find there is a recipe that can help with motivation in multiple ways :)

8Jqwfvy.png

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Try playing other games for a while, or maybe learn to code a small mod. It shouldn't be about keeping yourself motivated. FTB is not a job you are required to do. If you don't feel like playing, then don't. If you keep "pushing", you're only going to burn yourself out even more.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
When I get bored, I switch to a pack like Agrarian Skies, Magic Farm, Sky Factory, or Blood N Bones to give myself a challenge. Or fire up Skyrim and crank the difficulty to the highest one and go after a bandit hideout/dragon.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
What I do is just changing to a completely different game. Just look through your steam library (or generally all your games) and play some of that, I actually prefer something that's not a whole big game with story and all, but something small and stupid. For example Electronic Super Joy :p

Hardchlor

Jul 29, 2019
Try setting yourself a big goal (I personally want to build a fusion reactor from reactorcraft which is incredibly expensive and hard to build). Or maybe do somthing you usually do in a much larger scale or more complicated way or just try out a new game to play ;)

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk