just want to get something off my chest

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

okaayha

Jul 29, 2019
yeah not connecting
and by the way they explain it i think they might be able to hold a little bit more than 40 steam/tick (gold pipe value)

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tested it with anything other than water, but where I think Golden pipes could hold 500 units, the Liquiducts hold 600. They also appear to try to reach an equilibrium with pipes around them, which in some cases helps distribute liquids to multiple destinations more evenly. Additionally you can use a Gold Pipe in place of one of your Liquiducts and wrench the Liquiduct to output only. It winds up serving as an Iron Pipe but with a higher capacity. This might especially be useful at junctions. Or at least... I remember doing this when testing them after the update.

It is very easy to run Liquiducts in parallel as well. If a Liquiduct has any liquid in it, it will not connect to any new Liquiducts you place except if you wrench the Liquiduct with contents from the side of the one you want it to connect to.

...and giving a redstone signal to the input only mode (input into the Liquiduct that is) makes it act like a wooden pipe as well. So... these things mimic Wooden, Iron, Cobble, Stone, and Gold Waterproof Pipes all in one. The only reason to not use them is if you manage to find a liquid viscous enough that a Golden Waterproof Pipe is faster with. It would be nice to get a list of how it handles each liquid instead of the vague "information" on the wiki about it...

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Overall liquiducts are a lot closer to how a real piping work, even accounting for properties of liquid. On the other hand BC liquid pipes are some kind of abomination. In liquiducts water will flow rather quickly, but lava more slowly. Steam however will flow like there is no tomorrow.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
and i think the liquiducts make the steam output nuclear work

Not sure, with Golden Waterproof Pipes you got only 1/4 - 1/3 of the EU you get with the non-steam-setting. I guess the Steam-Option only works for Low-Output Reactors, so that you do not lose as much steam because you are not able to pump it out. But maybe this whole steam-thingy. I would count on an IC2-Change instead of better liquid-pipes.

Overall liquiducts are a lot closer to how a real piping work, even accounting for properties of liquid. On the other hand BC liquid pipes are some kind of abomination. In liquiducts water will flow rather quickly, but lava more slowly. Steam however will flow like there is no tomorrow.

RP-Pipes behave a bit strange with Forestry-Machines. So in that case the Liquiducts could become the new Liquid-Transport Nr. 1 (well... or Golems with Buckets^^). They look very interesting.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Well in RP2 liquid system pumps are bothering me. Pumping lava from lake 40 meters below pump position seem really weird. With liquiducts I can imagine that there is small pump in every element.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
yeah not connecting
and by the way they explain it i think they might be able to hold a little bit more than 40 steam/tick (gold pipe value)

Hmm anyone tried the steam boiler > turbine with these? Just wondering if you deliver more than 100% if the turbine explodes or something?

okaayha

Jul 29, 2019
wouldn't think so you were always able to hook up extreme amounts of steam to it it just accepted 160 steam/tick