Just a few questions before I commit to FTB.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DarkMists

Jul 29, 2019
These questions may be a little weird but I want to know before I fully join this community.

1. Are moderators accountable for their actions?

2. Do moderators follow the rules?

3. Are moderators allowed to take their anger out on other members of the same group?

4. Do moderators think they are gods?

I have had problems with moderators in a few other communities. I rather get this out of way before something happens. I do not mean to cause drama with this post but I do not want to be burnt again or cause problem down the road.

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
FTB is run at the level of a company, it has alot of people working hard for it. And the few times i've interacted with any of the mods they have always been great. This isn't just some random Forum for anyone to join up to, like 4chan, it's a forum for FTB, and it's treated with the same respect as thier products.

San

Jul 29, 2019
I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding

FTB is just the company that makes the mod packs/launcher/forums.

If you're wondering about server admins for ingame multiplayer gameplay then it really depends on the server. You can't just generalize

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
About the worst thing I've seen the mods do around here is completely delete spam threads... Some of us derived a great deal of pleasure pointing out and picking apart the grammatical errors and sentence structure :(:D

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
If you're that worried about moderators you should probably just leave now. Not that I'm saying anything about the mods. I'm saying something about people who have problems with moderators on more than one site and feel that it is a moderation issue.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Community is awesome. Mods are awesome except for that stupid thing that some swearing isn't allowed, though it is only a few words. Not all swearing is prohibited. [/SZIE]

Reactions: Padfoote

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
For the most part, most of them use their powers to limit your speech, but nothing more.

They have a tendency to negatively respond to anything that is outside of FTB, so dont' mention things like ATB, etc.

It's a great community, mostly because they ask that we say so, so that is what I am saying.

Cheers!

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
These questions may be a little weird but I want to know before I fully join this community.

1. Are moderators accountable for their actions?

2. Do moderators follow the rules?

3. Are moderators allowed to take their anger out on other members of the same group?

4. Do moderators think they are gods?

I have had problems with moderators in a few other communities. I rather get this out of way before something happens. I do not mean to cause drama with this post but I do not want to be burnt again or cause problem down the road.

I've never seen one of our mods treat the community as anything less then humans. They are awesome, easy to talk to, and only exercise their power when they need to. Bans are rare and moderation is normally just warnings/edits to posts.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
About the worst thing I've seen the mods do around here is completely delete spam threads... Some of us derived a great deal of pleasure pointing out and picking apart the grammatical errors and sentence structure :(:D
Actually, that's mostly done by us spam busters :p.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
For the most part, most of them use their powers to limit your speech, but nothing more.

They have a tendency to negatively respond to anything that is outside of FTB, so dont' mention things like ATB, etc.

It's a great community, mostly because they ask that we say so, so that is what I am saying.

Cheers!

Umm, no. Falsifying stories like this is how people get the idea that forums, communities, and mods are evil and not worth being around.

I don't care that this was a sarcastic post, anyone not familiar with your posting habits would take it seriously, and we don't need to be scaring people away from this community.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019

Cheers!
Kuso. How domyou manage to lie that badly? Mods don't care if we mention other communities.