Problem journeymap teleport function for normal players

smeagol001

Jul 29, 2019
hey there..

i want to run a ftb infinity evolved server for me and some friends but i cant seem to get teleport from yourney map working for non opped users.
is there a fast way to get that function working since not everyone can set warp points but just use them.....

Greetings Smeagol

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
The jouney map teleport was designed only for OPed users. I would recommend people use Mystcraft linking books or RF Tools teleporters until they can get to the point of getting the Draconic charm that does teleporting.

smeagol001

Jul 29, 2019
thats to bad since it seems somehow the ppl i op are in creative mode regardles the world setting and that i want to avoid
but i really want them to be able to use that convient teleporting interface without the worries that they would doo shit they dont supposed to do with other commands and such

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Well as an alternative you can give everyone the Draconic charm. Maybe set one up in creative strongbox at spawn. That way can set their own teleports as they want them setup.

E

EODCrafter

I'm really surprised Forge Essentials does not have a node to set this to true. Have you looked thru all the Perms in forge essentials? IE Items list.txt ect...I don't have the Journey Map Mod installed since players just disabled it anyway so looking at mine won't find the node.

EDIT: Ahhh, just give them the /tp perm, then they can use Journey Map's TP feature.
Here are most the Nodes....(I haven't tested this but it should work.)
fe.teleport.tp should be all you need for them to use it.....
The command would be
Code:
/p group {JourneyMapUsers} allow fe.teleport.tp

Code:
fe.teleport.back                                                                              # (default: true)
fe.teleport.back.ondeath                                                                      # (default: true) Allow returning to the last death location with back-command
fe.teleport.back.ontp                                                                         # (default: true) Allow returning to the last location before teleport with back-command
fe.teleport.bed                                                                               # (default: true)
fe.teleport.bed.others                                                                        # (OP only: true) Allow teleporting to other player's bed location
fe.teleport.cooldown                                                                          # (OP only: 0) Allow bypassing teleport cooldown
fe.teleport.crossdim                                                                          # (default: true) Allow teleporting across dimensions
fe.teleport.from                                                                              # (default: true) Allow being teleported from a certain location / dimension
fe.teleport.home                                                                              # (default: true) Allow usage of /home
fe.teleport.home.other                                                                        # (OP only: true) Allow setting other players home location
fe.teleport.home.set                                                                          # (default: true) Allow setting of home location
fe.teleport.jump                                                                              # (OP only: true)
fe.teleport.jump.tool                                                                         # (OP only: true) Allow jumping with a tool (default compass)
fe.teleport.personalwarp                                                                      # (OP only: true)
fe.teleport.personalwarp.delete                                                               # (OP only: true) Allow deleting personal warps
fe.teleport.personalwarp.max                                                                  # (OP only: false) Maximal personal warp count
fe.teleport.personalwarp.set                                                                  # (OP only: true) Allow setting personal warps
fe.teleport.portal                                                                            # (OP only: true)
fe.teleport.spawn                                                                             # (default: true)
fe.teleport.spawn.others                                                                      # (OP only: true) Allow setting other player's spawn
fe.teleport.to                                                                                # (default: true) Allow being teleported to a certain location / dimension
fe.teleport.top                                                                               # (default: true)
fe.teleport.top.others                                                                        # (OP only: true)
fe.teleport.tp                                                                                # (OP only: true)
fe.teleport.tpa                                                                               # (default: true)
fe.teleport.tpa.here                                                                          # (default: true) Allow teleporting other players to your own location (inversed TPA)
fe.teleport.tpa.loc                                                                           # (OP only: true) Allow teleporting other players to any location
fe.teleport.tpa.sendrequest                                                                   # (default: true) Allow sending teleport-to requests
fe.teleport.tpa.timeout                                                                       # (default: 20) Amount of sec a user has to accept a TPA request
fe.teleport.tpahere.sendrequest                                                               # (default: true) Allow sending teleport-here requests
fe.teleport.tppos

Last edited:

smeagol001

Jul 29, 2019
okay where do i have to do the code and command since if i type the command in console it says unknown command

E

EODCrafter

https://github.com/ForgeEssentials/ForgeEssentials
ForgeEssentials is a serve-side only mod so just add the mod that has *server.jar" to your Mod folder, you don't need the client Mod.

But the group I used is fake, {JourneyMapUsers}, you need to create that group or use the default group or just give everyone access to tp which would be _ALL_...Like this....
Code:
/p group _ALL_ allow fe.teleport.tp

Last edited:

smeagol001

Jul 29, 2019
okay when i install forge essentials the server says something about commands registered twice....
can i ignore it or what do i have to do?

E

EODCrafter

okay when i install forge essentials the server says something about commands registered twice....
can i ignore it or what do i have to do?
I have always ignored that warning, Forge Essentials has an entire Wiki devoted to help, I don't really want to re write that. It's pretty much just like the old essentials for Vanilla Minecraft. You should be able to give people commands based on Permissions now rather than just opping people.

Last edited:
E

EODCrafter

so it doesnt matter that warning i assume right? if so thanks for helping me
I'm going to assume you have FTB Utilities which dupe a lot of the commands in FE. You can edit the command.cfg in he Forge Essentials directory and remove all those dupes if you like. I wouldn't mess with FTB Utilities cause that handles chunk claiming and a lot of other useful Apps. Let me know if it works, like I said I removed Journey Map cause players disabled it any way. These are all the Dupe commands, I assume are used by FTBU....
Code:
[ForgeEssentials]: Command gamemode registered twice
[ForgeEssentials]: Command alias kill of command fekill registered twice
[ForgeEssentials]: Command alias weather of command feweather registered twice
[ForgeEssentials]: Command help registered twice
[ForgeEssentials]: Command alias ? of command help registered twice
[ForgeEssentials]: Command tp registered twice
[ForgeEssentials]: Command alias spawn of command fespawn registered twice
[ForgeEssentials]: Command alias reload of command fereload registered twice
[ForgeEssentials]: Command alias back of command feback registered twice
[ForgeEssentials]: Command alias enchant of command feenchant registered twice
[ForgeEssentials]: Command time registered twice

Last edited:
X

XxLadyWolfxX

I dont understand. i tried using this /p group {JourneyMapUsers} allow fe.teleport.tp but i keep getting an unknown comand.

I'm really surprised Forge Essentials does not have a node to set this to true. Have you looked thru all the Perms in forge essentials? IE Items list.txt ect...I don't have the Journey Map Mod installed since players just disabled it anyway so looking at mine won't find the node.

EDIT: Ahhh, just give them the /tp perm, then they can use Journey Map's TP feature.
Here are most the Nodes....(I haven't tested this but it should work.)
fe.teleport.tp should be all you need for them to use it.....
The command would be
Code:
/p group {JourneyMapUsers} allow fe.teleport.tp

Code:
fe.teleport.back                                                                              # (default: true)
fe.teleport.back.ondeath                                                                      # (default: true) Allow returning to the last death location with back-command
fe.teleport.back.ontp                                                                         # (default: true) Allow returning to the last location before teleport with back-command
fe.teleport.bed                                                                               # (default: true)
fe.teleport.bed.others                                                                        # (OP only: true) Allow teleporting to other player's bed location
fe.teleport.cooldown                                                                          # (OP only: 0) Allow bypassing teleport cooldown
fe.teleport.crossdim                                                                          # (default: true) Allow teleporting across dimensions
fe.teleport.from                                                                              # (default: true) Allow being teleported from a certain location / dimension
fe.teleport.home                                                                              # (default: true) Allow usage of /home
fe.teleport.home.other                                                                        # (OP only: true) Allow setting other players home location
fe.teleport.home.set                                                                          # (default: true) Allow setting of home location
fe.teleport.jump                                                                              # (OP only: true)
fe.teleport.jump.tool                                                                         # (OP only: true) Allow jumping with a tool (default compass)
fe.teleport.personalwarp                                                                      # (OP only: true)
fe.teleport.personalwarp.delete                                                               # (OP only: true) Allow deleting personal warps
fe.teleport.personalwarp.max                                                                  # (OP only: false) Maximal personal warp count
fe.teleport.personalwarp.set                                                                  # (OP only: true) Allow setting personal warps
fe.teleport.portal                                                                            # (OP only: true)
fe.teleport.spawn                                                                             # (default: true)
fe.teleport.spawn.others                                                                      # (OP only: true) Allow setting other player's spawn
fe.teleport.to                                                                                # (default: true) Allow being teleported to a certain location / dimension
fe.teleport.top                                                                               # (default: true)
fe.teleport.top.others                                                                        # (OP only: true)
fe.teleport.tp                                                                                # (OP only: true)
fe.teleport.tpa                                                                               # (default: true)
fe.teleport.tpa.here                                                                          # (default: true) Allow teleporting other players to your own location (inversed TPA)
fe.teleport.tpa.loc                                                                           # (OP only: true) Allow teleporting other players to any location
fe.teleport.tpa.sendrequest                                                                   # (default: true) Allow sending teleport-to requests
fe.teleport.tpa.timeout                                                                       # (default: 20) Amount of sec a user has to accept a TPA request
fe.teleport.tpahere.sendrequest                                                               # (default: true) Allow sending teleport-here requests
fe.teleport.tppos

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
I dont understand. i tried using this /p group {JourneyMapUsers} allow fe.teleport.tp but i keep getting an unknown comand.
Do you have forge essentials in the pack your trying this on?

If no, what pack are you using?

EDIT: Also notice that this post you posted in is 2 years old and things change