Java issue with new Windows 7 Install (Monster)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
I am having this issue with my computer (AMD Athalon II CPU @ 3.6 GHz, Radeon HD 7870, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD) and the 64 bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate. This isn't specific to the Monster Pack but the other forums are not helping (Resonant Rise, StackOverflow, TekSyndicate, TechnicPlatform). It seems that any pack bigger than vanilla minecraft or FTB Lite crashes before startup, and with TechWorld and MagicWorld (1.6.4) the packs cannot generate a world (but can start up). My java parameters are set to 4 GB and this shouldn't be an issue... as I have a 64 bit version of Java installed however I get this crash on loading up the modpack (Monster here, almost identical to the Resonant Rise crash log and similar to the TechWorld2 and MagicWorld2 crashes):
http://pastebin.com/eCL25Y4U

I cannot for the life of me figure out why my java parameters are seemingly being ignored, and that it looks like I set only 512 MB of RAM allocated to java even though I specifically set it at -Xmx4096M in the control panel and set the slider to 4GB in the FTB launcher.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Why are you setting java parameters in the control panel? Don't do this. There is spot specifically in the advanced options tab of the launcher to do this.
Remove all parameters you have set in the java consol.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Why are you setting java parameters in the control panel? Don't do this. There is spot specifically in the advanced options tab of the launcher to do this.
Remove all parameters you have set in the java consol.

Thanks Eyamaz, I'll see if that works.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
It seems like the mem allocated to Java keeps running out... but when I have 4 or 5 gigs allocated, that makes no sense.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Check and be sure you don't have anything set under JAVA_OPTIONS in your windows environment variables.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm. If you don't have anything in the java control panel or in your windows environment variables, I honestly don't know where that extra -Xmx512m is comming from.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm. If you don't have anything in the java control panel or in your windows environment variables, I honestly don't know where that extra -Xmx512m is comming from.

And therein lies my problem.

Thank you very much Eyamaz, I think I will just reinstall Win7 and reply if it works or not.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously, don't do that.

Edit: Uninstall Java.
Restart your computer.
Defrag your hard drive.
Restart your computer.
Reinstall Java.

Anything interfering should be gone by doing that. No OS reinstall needed.