JaRyCu's Slightly Modded Minecraft 1.10.2

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Post 11 - Welcome to Northern Everspring

It's official. This is the first time I've ever named a settlement I've built in Minecraft. I've decided that this will be the province of Everspring, with the fishing and coastal trading center being known as Northern Everspring. Now that it's named, I feel like I can really start moving forward with a definite direction for the settlement.

Step 1: I have to make the announcement to make it official.

SvCHCi6.png

That's my avatar btw. It's hard to see due to the podium, but that's a neon orange "J" on my bright purple shirt. I had a guy on Fiverr do it, and I feel like I got my $5 worth out of it. It will definitely be revisited later on, though, because it's a little cheesy. The sunglasses are what get me, but I tried editing it and made it 10x worse so I just stuck with it. I really wanted it to resemble the avatar I use on the forums here, which looks a lot like me in real life, but se la vie.

That picture reveals a lot: To the left of the podium, you can see the official entrance to what will become the city. To the right is a dirt/sand trail on which cargo and goods are moved into the city. Almost directly behind me you can see a 10 story high fountain I built this morning. Getting the water was a major pain because it kept knocking me off, but I feel like it was worth it. I really like how it turned out.

SfnzUHX.png

QbUjOca.png

7TPGzZW.png

gslQatF.png

In order to get to the city from the ocean, we needed a large dock. I decided the Docks of Northern Everspring would be big enough to handle 1 large ship or two smaller ships, so I color-coded the two halves to make it easy for the captains to dock their ships. On the left side, cargo is to be unloaded & placed; on the right, passengers. I even setup a passenger waiting area.

J6XxHXH.png

NiaJLqp.png

I also added flaming pillars, filled to the brim with netherrack, to help captains should they dock at night.

You might've noticed the custom banners while ago. To get those, I obviously had to get wool. Well, Everspring had a lot of wild sheep when I got here, so I corralled them and mixed the local plants together to start getting all different colors.

FgjHmF1.png

vsRactZ.png

hNEC74l.png

Z2JKQAZ.png

This image is NSFW! Almost all the sheep are naked because I sheared them.

The rest of the shots I took don't have a general theme to them, so I'll just put them into the last spoiler tag.

PDjC0hP.png

The lightning struck the water and a skeletal horse appeared.

HuCfzVF.png

Unfortunately it was one of the trap horses. When I got close, 4 enchanted archers popped up and I ran for it. I've killed 10-20 spiders and haven't gotten enough string for a bow, so I had no chance against these guys.

spsX9NG.png

I did hit the nether up. I've played modded MC for way too long...all I could think was "how can I get this lava to my lava generators?!?!"

lc3sAEh.png

I love my base at night. The acacia blends in to the sunsets in ways I hadn't imagined when I started building.

7ZhXHnh.png

Pathway out to the sheep farm, which you can see in the upper right.

Make sure and check out the Imgur album. I've got pictures of my first diamond strike, the amazing village that's out just past the sheep farm, and even the gigantic underground cavern I found while mining today. Thanks for reading, and I'll see you later!

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
I was looking back through this thread today and I realized I'd never recorded the video tour of this world that I'd promise you I would do. I sat down, thinking it would be a quick 10-12 minute tour, but it actually takes roughly 25-30 minutes to go through the entire world.

The only thing that I missed, and I just now realized I missed it, is the spawner room. I couldn't remember how to get down through the caves to get to it. It's been nearly a month since I logged into the world at all, so I'll have to fix that soon. :eek:

Anyways, enjoy the world and let me know what you guys think about seeing the entire thing!

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Also, has the series for the DW20 pack stopped?

All of the series have stopped for the weekend. I'm sick and don't have much of a voice, so there's no point in trying to record. I also got really bored with the DW20 series as compared to the PO2 Kappa and Unstoppable series - it just feels limited compared to the 1.7.10 version. I'm going to go back to it, but I'm taking a break from it.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
One of the reasons I haven't made the jump yet. Until the new versions slow down a for a bit, we're probably not going to get a proper, stable mod setup. I know Forgecraft went on Hiatus while we wait for 1.11.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
All of the series have stopped for the weekend. I'm sick and don't have much of a voice, so there's no point in trying to record. I also got really bored with the DW20 series as compared to the PO2 Kappa and Unstoppable series - it just feels limited compared to the 1.7.10 version. I'm going to go back to it, but I'm taking a break from it.
Let me ask you something.

I'm a mod pack developer. As a result, I try to produce a mod pack which the end user can find entertaining, interesting, engaging, and amusing. I also try to limit unintentional synergy and keep things relatively balanced. For example, because I am using Immersive Engineering as my primary tech mod, I decided against Mekanism because Mekanism trivializes Steel which is otherwise a significant gateway material for IE. Also I think the ease with which Mek gets ore tripling, and the possibility of quintupling production is outside the reach of the other mods in my mod pack. Furthermore, I think the Mekanism's Jetpack is early access to flight which is something otherwise sharply limited. So for these reasons, I declined to add Mek to my mod pack. Not because the mod is 'OP', but because it does not play nice with the other mods in the pack itself. It also doesn't bring anything that is actually 'new', it just makes existing things easier.

So... what about the DW20 pack felt limited? What would you like to see in a pack? What did you feel was missing? I'm honestly curious because the DW20 pack felt pretty comprehensive to me, and I'm wanting to know what I missed.

Reactions: JaRyCu

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
So... what about the DW20 pack felt limited? What would you like to see in a pack? What did you feel was missing? I'm honestly curious because the DW20 pack felt pretty comprehensive to me, and I'm wanting to know what I missed.

Hmm...let me see if I can ramble and give a semi-coherent statement at the same time.

When I started playing Minecraft, it was the "glory days" of 1.7.10. Regular Infinity had been out for a bit, DW20 for 1.7.10 was already aging a little, and I had no clue which end was up. I caught a weekend sale through Bisect Hosting, put up a server, and hosted Infinity for a friend of mine and I to build on. He was a fan of vanilla, which I didn't like at the time, so he only played for a weekend, but I built in that world for 2 months or so until right before Infinity Expert came out, when I switched the server over and hosted a group of 20 players or so from these forums. We had so much fun at it.

During those months, I also tried stuff from the ATLauncher, Hexxit, other stuff from FTB, etc.

I found out that there were two types of packs I liked:

Type 1: A pack with a story. Regrowth was probably my favorite pack of 1.7.10. There was a story from the very beginning of it. You could do anything you wanted to do, but you had to progress in a certain order to get access to things down the road. This reminded me of my favorite games of all time, like Warcraft, where you could wander all over Azeroth, but only do things safely once you've taken the time to level up and do certain things first. Infinity Expert, while not an HQM-based pack, still had a progression you had to go through where things were gated behind other things. It was lot more grindy than Regrowth, but there was still a story of sorts there.

Type 2: Pack with unlimited options. Why did I prefer Infinity to DW 1.7.10? Why do I prefer Unstoppable to DW 1.10.2? It's because they give me a ton of options. Before I started Unstoppable, I was play DW 1.10.2 and loving it. Out of the 3 released FTB packs for 1.10.2 (Lite, Hermitpack, and DW20), it seemed to be the most balanced pack. Yes, it was missing a thing or two that I enjoyed, but it wasn't missing nearly as much as Lite was. Also, it wasn't hopelessly unbalanced like Hermitpack. That meant it was a very good mix.

The first "rumblings" of discontent within me started when I tried to upgrade the pack and Blood Magic backfired on me. I did the Curse update thing, logged into the world, and my game would crash every time I opened the BM book. I filed an error on the BM Github page only to be told I was the only one having the problem. So I rolled the world back and started playing, but now it was even worse to me. Since I know the modpack author or Unstoppable and we're playing on the same server, when we find problems, they can be fixed almost instantly. When mods are updated, I can let him know and we'll get the server updated relatively quickly, too.

In DW20, there are mods that are just not updated. I can do things in Tinkers in Unstoppable that I can't do in DW20 because FTB isn't doing updates. Yes, I know I can manually update individual mods, but I don't know what recipe changes there are and if I just go updating everything all willy-nilly, will it break a hidden balance that I'm completely unaware of?

Also, DW20, and all the FTB 1.10.2 mods really, just feels incomplete. In fact, I can't think of anything they've done since Infinity Expert that feels like they put all of their effort into. FTB Inventions, Crackpack, Hermitpack, Lite, and DW20 have just felt rushed for some unknown reason. I've tried to play each one of them, and I think I even documented all of them somewhere in this subforum, and they I've quit all of them. The non-FTB packs seem to be a lot more fun now, though. I loved playing through SkyFactory 2.5 even though I didn't finish it. PO2 Kappa Mode is rough as hell, but it's a lot of fun too. Unstoppable gives me so many options to get things done that it challenges me to come up with creative solutions. Heck, I even started up Infinity Skyblock in a brand new world yesterday just to challenge myself in yet another way.

I hope this rambling helps out a little. If you're doing a pack and would like to give it the YouTube treatment, I do have a spare server that I personally rent and I'm looking to do something on it. I was trying to develop my own pack, but I'm not very good at it and it's taking a while to do. Feel free to reply here or PM me and I'll answer back.

-- j

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I know you were talking to JaRyCu, but I've got an answer: Smooth progression. I expect early progression to be reasonably smooth. Early Vanilla is Wood>Stone>Iron. And then there's a gap before you have enough diamonds to go to that mid-late game progression.

The DW20 pack lacks that. I expect to start with awful power. BC's stirling engine, or RC's Hobbyist. They both give power that requires patience to get anything done with. You can run say a Rolling Machine with them, but it takes a bit for it to fill it's bar and it'll do one operation at a time, before needing to recharge itself. But it's fine, slow power is perfectly okay, since I can leave it running and go mining. Right now, you start with something like the 30RF/t coal generator from Actually Additions, and then it gets strong quickly, and it ends up jumping over all that early tech you'd use.

I understand that he's either left out mods, or they haven't updated. The other early option is Forestry Peat Engines. Can you work out how to get peat without looking it up? I know I couldn't the first time. So you either jump into high end power, and then you find yourself wondering, why do I need this other weak junk?

On the other hand, you could go the route of just plain disabling Mekanism steel. As for the Jetpack... yes and no. It's no worse than Simply Jetpacks, but on the other hand, it's got a fuel that you can't recharge on the go. No solar powered helmet is going to keep you going forever. Eventually you've got to stop and refuel it. Which I like more than the other option, where just standing near a thing, or out in the sun keeps you flying forever. Me, I think that balances it out enough, but our opinions differ.

Is it too early? Yes. Should take some sort of reinforced/alloyed steel to make it so it's a bit farther back in the tech tree. Maybe refined obsidian so it's a bit further along without being inaccessible prior to endgame. Remember you're making the pack so those decisions are yours.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
So, in effect, you're looking for the following things in a pack:

1) Some form of direction. It doesn't necessarily have to be restrictive, but something like the WoW quests which encourages you to go check something out you might have otherwise missed

2) A fairly balanced and gradual tech tree, possibly with several clearly defined 'gates' for the next tier of goodies that can't really be bypassed (i.e. Immersive Engineering's Steel to get the good stuff), but an otherwise smooth progression without any 'power spikes' or 'clearly BIC for this tech level' options.

3) A mod pack which is stable and which updates when new features are available so you don't fall behind the curve but also don't crash.
3a) A mod pack which is responsive to bug reports and rapidly solves problems.

4) A 'complete experience'.

Does that about sum it up?

Also, Triaxx, you raise some interesting points. If you remove Mekanism's steel production, then all of Mekanism's toys get pushed back to be gated behind Immersive Engineering's steel. That may well be a good balancing feature. I'll have to look into that. I do have a bigger problem with Simply Jetpacks, which is why it is Sir Not Appearing In My Modpack. However, that doesn't mean that Mekanism's Jetpack isn't also a problem. But, if I gate the steel behind Immersive Engineering's Blast Furnace, that should at least push it back behind 'day one and done'.

Currently, ShneekeyCraft is available for download through the ATLauncher. You can search for it, there's no special code you need to put in. Updates occur roughly once a week unless someone reports a bug in which case I can have a fix implemented in minutes. However, I don't know how much of a 'complete experience' you will find it. There are several mods I have deliberately left behind, such as Mekanism, for the aforementioned reasons. I've got a server I'm playing on with several friends that doubles as a testbed server.

I'm of two minds about Botania. On the one hand, it's about the only mod in 1.10.2 which has baubles. Which is kind of a shame, really, but there you go. But I'm not sure if I really like the design philosophy behind many of the changes implemented in Botania. Agricraft JUST released an alpha, but it isn't stable yet. Once it is, however, expect to see it definitely included. Same goes for Thaumcraft, once it updates to a stable release (which isn't happening any time soon), it will definitely get implemented. I'm also waiting on an oregen mod which can handle the natural formation of geodes. Because I have an idea about them which is going to be really interesting.

I'm probably NOT going to be including Extreme Reactors. Between Deep Resonance and Immersive Engineering, you should have bulk RF production in the bag. I also have RFTools available for something to spend all that RF on (although no RFDimensions).

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
So, in effect, you're looking for the following things in a pack:

1) Some form of direction. It doesn't necessarily have to be restrictive, but something like the WoW quests which encourages you to go check something out you might have otherwise missed

2) A fairly balanced and gradual tech tree, possibly with several clearly defined 'gates' for the next tier of goodies that can't really be bypassed (i.e. Immersive Engineering's Steel to get the good stuff), but an otherwise smooth progression without any 'power spikes' or 'clearly BIC for this tech level' options.

3) A mod pack which is stable and which updates when new features are available so you don't fall behind the curve but also don't crash.
3a) A mod pack which is responsive to bug reports and rapidly solves problems.

4) A 'complete experience'.

Does that about sum it up?

That's correct. The one thing I hate about modded Minecraft, and I've ranted on this elsewhere, is how it seems like it's a race to see who can get "Moar Stuffz." For example, in Unstoppable I passed 100K iron ingots this morning. Why do I have so much iron? I have no clue. I could rebuild my entire base AND the mountain it's on out of iron and still have leftovers.

As far as Mekanism goes, I think it's a fascinating mod, but it's not one I consider to be a core mod. (Any mod locked behind an ad.fly link by it's author immediately loses points in my book.) I'm only using it in my LP because people want to see how it works and I like to tinker with it. I've intentionally not used the Digital Miner, the solar power, or most anything else that I can find within the new 1.10.2 mods since I want to play with new toys.

ShneekeyCraft is available for download through the ATLauncher.

I might give it a look. I've never had much luck with the ATLauncher.

I'm of two minds about Botania. On the one hand, it's about the only mod in 1.10.2 which has baubles. Which is kind of a shame, really, but there you go. But I'm not sure if I really like the design philosophy behind many of the changes implemented in Botania. Agricraft JUST released an alpha, but it isn't stable yet. Once it is, however, expect to see it definitely included. Same goes for Thaumcraft, once it updates to a stable release (which isn't happening any time soon), it will definitely get implemented. I'm also waiting on an oregen mod which can handle the natural formation of geodes. Because I have an idea about them which is going to be really interesting.

I love Botania. I love all of the changes that Vazkii has made recently since he took the mod's development back over again. I personally consider it to be a core mod, one that I'm going to use in every playthrough. Thaumcraft, not-so-much. I never liked having to scan stuff, the research game, all of that. I understand that the 1.11 version will be fundamentally different, so I'll reserve judgment until it's release. I have no opinion on Agricraft. It's neat being able to get more stuff from a 10/10/10 plant, but if I'm just going to put down an MFR Harvester or an Ender IO Farming Station and let it run, who cares if it's a vanilla wheat seed or a 10/10/10 seed? I'll get infinite resources either way.

I'm probably NOT going to be including Extreme Reactors. Between Deep Resonance and Immersive Engineering, you should have bulk RF production in the bag. I also have RFTools available for something to spend all that RF on (although no RFDimensions).

I'm just now getting into RFTools. I used it's storage system and auto-crafting extensively in Expert, but I'm literally playing with all of it's stuff now for the first time. I did elevators in the last episode of my Unstoppable LP, and I'm working on a mob killer for the next episode. I plan to record it as soon as I get over this sinus thing. I'm also planning on getting into Deep Resonance soon.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Until the space bit, I actually really like how Space Astronomy did it's quests. They were guides, of 'Go here and try this', rather than 'You must complete this arbitrary thing to advance.' I'm watching someone play Pickle Pack. Quest Objective, hand in 2500 Lettuce. Seriously? That's a beyond tedious task. There's not even a good reward for it I don't think.

I'm very partial now a days to Advanced Generators, over 'reactor' mods. I can set one down and produce a little bit of power out of a cheap bronze turbine to start with, and then later, update it to Iron or other materials and reclaim most or all of my bronze. Not that I'm ever hurting for bronze of course. And it'll eat any fluid fuel I throw at it, without having to worry about it needing special care. Of course I can also just feed it steam if I've got something producing it, like an RC boiler.

I'm hoping we get an option for dense ores. I want large fields of poor ore, smaller nodes of normal ore, and tiny nodules of dense ore, determined largely by biome. Possibly with randomly generated pools of gravel ore of various types so you're not locked into hunting around for the iron spawning biome to get enough stuff to actually find the biome you need...

As for Thaumcraft after about the third item I scanned, I found a cheat sheet for scanning. And the third time through the research, I set it to easy mode. Great mod, but it's had terrible research mechanics for quite some time now.

I hope we get Engineer's Toolbox back. It's got some of the flat out coolest mechanics I've seen, and I've not seen anything duplicate several of them. Making it's steel for example or building the structure for the ore tripling. Also, ender hinges.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
That's correct. The one thing I hate about modded Minecraft, and I've ranted on this elsewhere, is how it seems like it's a race to see who can get "Moar Stuffz." For example, in Unstoppable I passed 100K iron ingots this morning. Why do I have so much iron? I have no clue. I could rebuild my entire base AND the mountain it's on out of iron and still have leftovers.
I think that's a combination of the resource density, the method of auto-mining, the efficiency of processing, and the lack of things to spend it on. It's definitely something to keep in mind.

I might give it a look. I've never had much luck with the ATLauncher.
Well, it's the only launcher I can really use these days. Curse launcher is incompatible with my OS (Linux) and the FTB launcher is largely depreciated. Worse, the FTB launcher can only accept updates around once a week, because it's updated on the back end instead of the front end. Which is, by the way, why the FTB launcher packs are so sluggish to update.

I love Botania. I love all of the changes that Vazkii has made recently since he took the mod's development back over again. I personally consider it to be a core mod, one that I'm going to use in every playthrough. Thaumcraft, not-so-much. I never liked having to scan stuff, the research game, all of that. I understand that the 1.11 version will be fundamentally different, so I'll reserve judgment until it's release. I have no opinion on Agricraft. It's neat being able to get more stuff from a 10/10/10 plant, but if I'm just going to put down an MFR Harvester or an Ender IO Farming Station and let it run, who cares if it's a vanilla wheat seed or a 10/10/10 seed? I'll get infinite resources either way.
Thaumcraft is getting an overhaul. It is no longer 'scan all the things', and the research is also being overhauled. The 1.8 version was really amazing like that.

I'm just now getting into RFTools. I used it's storage system and auto-crafting extensively in Expert, but I'm literally playing with all of it's stuff now for the first time. I did elevators in the last episode of my Unstoppable LP, and I'm working on a mob killer for the next episode. I plan to record it as soon as I get over this sinus thing. I'm also planning on getting into Deep Resonance soon.
Good to hear. RFTools has a lot of really good things.

Until the space bit, I actually really like how Space Astronomy did it's quests. They were guides, of 'Go here and try this', rather than 'You must complete this arbitrary thing to advance.' I'm watching someone play Pickle Pack. Quest Objective, hand in 2500 Lettuce. Seriously? That's a beyond tedious task. There's not even a good reward for it I don't think.
Yea, if I do something quest-based, it's going to be more of an in-game tutorial with 'hey, check this out' more than 'you must do this to pass'.

I'm very partial now a days to Advanced Generators, over 'reactor' mods. I can set one down and produce a little bit of power out of a cheap bronze turbine to start with, and then later, update it to Iron or other materials and reclaim most or all of my bronze. Not that I'm ever hurting for bronze of course. And it'll eat any fluid fuel I throw at it, without having to worry about it needing special care. Of course I can also just feed it steam if I've got something producing it, like an RC boiler.
Haven't seen that one before, I'll have to check it out. Personally don't use RC because of how convoluted their ToS is.

I'm hoping we get an option for dense ores. I want large fields of poor ore, smaller nodes of normal ore, and tiny nodules of dense ore, determined largely by biome. Possibly with randomly generated pools of gravel ore of various types so you're not locked into hunting around for the iron spawning biome to get enough stuff to actually find the biome you need...
I'm not a big fan of biome-dependent spawns because if you get biome-mulliganed, you are stuck. I don't like that. I do, however, like the idea of having sparse ores dotted out in ones and twos, with occasional veins of ore and the occasional cluster of dense ore. I'll have to see what I can do about that, it sounds too cool to not include in my pack.

As for Thaumcraft after about the third item I scanned, I found a cheat sheet for scanning. And the third time through the research, I set it to easy mode. Great mod, but it's had terrible research mechanics for quite some time now.
Yea, that all changes, if 1.8 version is anything to go by.

I hope we get Engineer's Toolbox back. It's got some of the flat out coolest mechanics I've seen, and I've not seen anything duplicate several of them. Making it's steel for example or building the structure for the ore tripling. Also, ender hinges.
I never really could get into it, despite really enjoying the concept and idea. I think it was his lack of interface which demanded kludgy commands with his wrench to do all the things with.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Railcraft, not Rotarycraft. But any mod with a boiler is the same. It can eat steam as well as fuels, and it can actually produce it's own fuel within the mod, Syngas using coal or charcoal I believe. It's not as efficient as other fuels, but it's there. Still in pre-release for 1.10 though as far as I can discern.

Yeah, it could be a problem... maybe only have the dense ores and the poor veins as biome specific. I'm basically thinking two things: Factorio had a cool idea with it's ore generation, because it was useful to use trains. (And I suppose you could use teleportation but meh.) And the other being I like the big quarry holes, and it's a fairly in efficient method of mining.

Yeah, the lack of interface was often an issue. At the same time, Waila helped immeasurably with that. The lack of in-game information always bothered me more. I keep a copy of the handbook on the desktop if I'm doing anything with the mod, just in case. I always thought the benefits out weighed the downsides of the lack of interface.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Railcraft, not Rotarycraft. But any mod with a boiler is the same. It can eat steam as well as fuels, and it can actually produce it's own fuel within the mod, Syngas using coal or charcoal I believe. It's not as efficient as other fuels, but it's there. Still in pre-release for 1.10 though as far as I can discern.
Railcraft has a kludgy ToS as well. Perhaps not as bad as Rotarycraft, but still not something I wish to deal with.

Yeah, it could be a problem... maybe only have the dense ores and the poor veins as biome specific. I'm basically thinking two things: Factorio had a cool idea with it's ore generation, because it was useful to use trains. (And I suppose you could use teleportation but meh.) And the other being I like the big quarry holes, and it's a fairly in efficient method of mining.
I don't like Poor Ores period. It's just... no. However, there might be a way to get ores to be just really really sparse with generation which would have the same net effect. However, in the Deep Dark, you've got a much more dense oregen. It gives a similar result of 'you need to go Elsewhere to really get good ores' without having to deal with biome dependent crap.

There's unfortunate differences between MC and Factorio that makes trains in MC complete and utter fail. Chunkloading is a big one, but there's others as well. Which is a real shame. But with RFTools and EnderIO, there's viable teleportation systems that just make trains obsolete before they become viable. And there's still chunkloading issues.

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Well, it's the only launcher I can really use these days. Curse launcher is incompatible with my OS (Linux) and the FTB launcher is largely depreciated. Worse, the FTB launcher can only accept updates around once a week, because it's updated on the back end instead of the front end. Which is, by the way, why the FTB launcher packs are so sluggish to update.

Hmmm...I wonder if I could download it from ATL and then import it as a new profile into Curse. That doesn't seem too hard. I read through the description and the mod listing and really liked how it sounded. For those of you reading this that aren't me or @ShneekeyTheLost, here's the link to his modpack. (You should really link the image in your signature to the pack! ;) )

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I hadn't noticed the ToS for it before, but I understand the reasoning behind it. Still I get why you'd want to avoid that.

RC poor ores process into two nuggets, instead of the one most mods get you. It also generates MASSIVE clouds. So you're probably getting 20 ingots out of a 'vein' of it, instead of the five you get from standard ore veins. It's just a bit extra effort to mine out the ore. I was playing with RC added into Modular Mayhem, and found a Poor Iron Ore Vein and went home with eight stacks of the stuff. Something like two blocks and change when all was smelted and compressed. (I love the Metal Chest from RC, even though Storage Drawers does it better and cheaper.)

Fair enough, though with Anchor Carts, I find that unless your train caps 14 carts long, the 3x3 area it loads is enough to keep the train chunkloaded. If you go over 14, you'll end up needing a second one due to the push/pull action of the train.

RFTools can do item/fluid teleportation? I thought the personal teleportation was part of dimensions now. EIO's DT's are pretty expensive, but I like them better than Tesseracts, or other options. Eh, I just enjoy Trains. I'm willing to put up with their various issues in exchange for the 'enjoyment' of trains.