JaRyCu Plays FTB Presents Direwolf20 for 1.10.2!

H

Hurst_Quayzar

Man o man... so many videos, so little time. Maybe I need to take a day off as well.:)

Reactions: JaRyCu
H

Hurst_Quayzar

I have only been playing this for about a year off and on. And I never really played vanilla. I jumped right into Direwolf20's last "Let's Play" Series and been fumbling through with the help of YouTube videos ever since.

I see you had 2 Texture Packs in your Series, didn't know you could do that. I will have to download the other tonight because I was getting those dreaded pink and black textures.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Hi JaRyCu, I watched a couple of your videos - very enjoyable except for a delay between the audio and video (audio comes first, then video). Have anyone else noticed that?

Also wanted to ask about the problems you were having with the IE cables. I'm messing around with FTB Infinity Lite 1.10.2 and can't connect more than one wire to each connector, so can't string them together. Is that the same problem you're having? I hope it's a bug and not a new feature :)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
In 1.10.2, all flavors of connector have relays like the 1.7.10 HV. So you can link single connectors, but to link to multiple points you need a relay of the proper voltage.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.10.2, all flavors of connector have relays like the 1.7.10 HV. So you can link single connectors, but to link to multiple points you need a relay of the proper voltage.

Thanks Triaxx. So even for, say, stringing one line a long distance you need a relay for each connection?

H

Hurst_Quayzar

@JaRyCu where is episode 2? You have a private video listed under the playlist. Maybe it's that one?

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
@JaRyCu where is episode 2? You have a private video listed under the playlist. Maybe it's that one?

I can't believe no one, included me, noticed that until now! ROFLMAO!! :eek:

It was uploaded, but it apparently never got stuck into the playlist. The one you saw was one that didn't upload correctly so I deleted it, but it's placeholder stayed in the list. YouTube is very funny for me. I can uploaded 2-3 videos in a row with no problem at all. Suddenly, on the next video (whether it's the same day or a different day entirely), it won't let me pick Minecraft as the game, or it won't let me place a video into a playlist at all. I've actually uploaded one video 3x before I could sort it into a playlist, and there are 3-4 videos up that aren't associate with Minecraft because YouTube wouldn't let me select that.

Thank you for calling my attention to the problem - it's sorted now. I also re-ordered the list so it starts at 1 and goes down.

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Hi JaRyCu, I watched a couple of your videos - very enjoyable except for a delay between the audio and video (audio comes first, then video). Have anyone else noticed that?

@KingTriaxx answered the other part of the question, and I'm happy to see the answer myself, so I'll let his answer stand. (I also had no clue...I can remember stringing them together in 1.7.10.)

As far as the audio and video not being synced, it was mentioned for 1-2 videos. When I was learning to use Mirillis Action, I'd forget which button paused recording and which would stop recording, and I'd end up with 2-3 pieces of video. To put them together, I downloaded HitFilm4 Express, watched a tutorial, and merged the pieces into 1 full clip, but I guess I didn't get the audio right when I did that.

All of the newer stuff is shot in 1 take. I re-assigned the pause button to something easier for me to remember, so I just pause the video, go mining and tree chopping or whatever, and then resume recording when I have what I need. I hope that's fixed the problem(s).

Reactions: SolManX

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
The relay thing is completely new to 1.10.2. so that's why it's odd.

I use OBS for video recording now, and if it's a bit finicky to setup, once you do, it'll record just about anything you want to play. Loilo Game Recorder was what rhn mentioned using and that's easier to setup than you'd believe. Seems almost designed for Minecraft.

Try out VSDC for video editing. I use that instead, and it seems to behave perfectly well.

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Here's a sneak peek into what I'm building for my next episode:

I54aiT8.png

The cobblestone, dirt, and pink granite are all placeholders for things I have to actually craft. The chiseled cobblestone is there to stay, though. The one thing I never liked about Blood Altars in this mod was that they were wide open and you had to jump from layer to layer, so I decided to fix that.

B4P4Kc2.png

Ne6L9DG.png

mB7qREK.png

Hint: I'm setting up an epic Blood Magic experience! It's not complete by a long shot, but you can get the idea of where it's going. Currently both my blood & incense altars are Tier 2, so they're not incredibly impressive, but I really think I'm on to something here.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Awesome!

I'm glad my guide helped you out with the start to blood magic. There's a lot of new mechanics with the mod. I'm actually really tempted to make a video mod guide for a few of the mods which are lacking in feature documentation (ExUtil2, I'm looking at you here). DW20's mod spotlights are not bad, but there's a LOT that isn't gone over.

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Awesome!

I'm glad my guide helped you out with the start to blood magic. There's a lot of new mechanics with the mod. I'm actually really tempted to make a video mod guide for a few of the mods which are lacking in feature documentation (ExUtil2, I'm looking at you here). DW20's mod spotlights are not bad, but there's a LOT that isn't gone over.

Yeah, I watched DW20's currently Blood Magic spotlight and he highlighted stuff but didn't go in-depth. Since my DW20 for 1.10 LP is my most popular of my 3 series, I've decided to go in-depth on things and see if it picks up more.

I'm also tempted to do mod spotlights. I want to really push my YouTube channel and see if I can create an income stream with it.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Yeah, I watched DW20's currently Blood Magic spotlight and he highlighted stuff but didn't go in-depth. Since my DW20 for 1.10 LP is my most popular of my 3 series, I've decided to go in-depth on things and see if it picks up more.
Good to hear, it'll be interesting to see what happens next

I'm also tempted to do mod spotlights. I want to really push my YouTube channel and see if I can create an income stream with it.
It is nearly impossible to generate revenue through Youtube Partners unless you have over 100k active subscribers. Vechs found Patreon and Twitch Sponsership to be a much more effective revenue stream.

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
It is nearly impossible to generate revenue through Youtube Partners unless you have over 100k active subscribers. Vechs found Patreon and Twitch Sponsership to be a much more effective revenue stream.

My biggest obstacle currently is that I have an AdSense account on 1 email address that I used in a prior business, and my YouTube account is on another email address, and YouTube/Google won't let me combine them for some reason. The page just hangs and keeps asking for my password in an endless loop. Eventually it says they'll email me and I never hear back.

I think the money on Twitch would be better, definitely, but I'm in a situation where I can record videos but would have a hard time streaming at hours when people could watch. For now, I'll stick to YT and build an audience and post occasional updates here to the forums since this is where I got started sharing my gaming with the world.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
My biggest obstacle currently is that I have an AdSense account on 1 email address that I used in a prior business, and my YouTube account is on another email address, and YouTube/Google won't let me combine them for some reason. The page just hangs and keeps asking for my password in an endless loop. Eventually it says they'll email me and I never hear back.

I think the money on Twitch would be better, definitely, but I'm in a situation where I can record videos but would have a hard time streaming at hours when people could watch. For now, I'll stick to YT and build an audience and post occasional updates here to the forums since this is where I got started sharing my gaming with the world.
Twitch lets you upload videos now as well, but YT does seem to be better for growing a fanbase. Besides, there's no need to be mutually exclusive. DW20 is doing both Twitch and Youtube videos, and occasionally streaming SkyFactory 2.5.