JABBA - Just Another Better Barrel Attempt

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
just for those who want a rundown on everything from this mod:

Barrels:
  • Can hold one type of item and displays the amount on the front
  • Every side can be an input or output from pipes
  • Empty Barrels can be locked so they can be ignored by pipes and automation (however items can still be retrieved by hand). However if a barrel is locked while containing an item, the barrel will never go "empty", and will filter in the current locked content.
  • Inbuilt ForgeOreDict conversion (so you can place three different copper types in it and they will turn to one type)
  • Total of 7 upgrades which need to be applied in order
  • Breaking an upgraded barrel also drops the upgrades and the normal barrel
  • Normal barrel (not upgraded) can hold 64 stacks which can be upgraded to Emerald Barrel which can hold 8192 stacks
  • Inbuilt WAILA support for Extra Info
Upgrades:
  • 7 Types: Wood, Iron, Gold, Diamond, Obsidian, End Stone, Emerald
  • Each upgrade holds twice as much as the last one. Wood (128), Iron (256) and so on
  • Crafting Recipe for an upgrade contains the previous upgrade, so an emerald upgrade requires you to have made 7 wood, 6 iron, 5 gold and so on down to the one emerald upgrade.
Dolly:
  • Allows you to move most blocks with an inventory while retaining what is inside
  • Supports most items like barrels, chests, water tanks and many modded machines
  • Can only carry one inventory at a time
Barrel Stickers:
  • A sticker can be placed on a side of a barrel to display the contents inside the barrel on other sides apart from the front side

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
All I can say is, where has this been all my life! I'm currently using The Barrels mod however, the newest beta release is extremely buggy. I'm going to download this and, push it to my server. I'll let you know how it goes. From what I've seen in your video, I see no reason why I wouldn't give this a try.

Being able to input from any side and, lock barrels sealed the deal for me. The on the spot upgrades will pair up fantastically with the Iron Chests mod as an added bonus.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
there's also some WIP items in the mod, so mobius still has some new stuff planned for the mod.
I'm also going to suggest for an option to change the texture of the barrel to that of a block, so you could for example make it look like a piece of stone if you've the barrel against a stone wall.

6tdpdFa.png

just look at the mini barrel, dawww, it's so cute

mHLrLeT.gif

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
So far so good. I've replaced the barrels mod I've been using for almost two years now to give this one a shot. So far so good. I have yet to experience a single instability issue and, these barrels interact with TE item pipes without issue. My only complaint is that the items pop out of the barrel and, onto the floor when the barrel is clicked instead of popping into your inventory.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't Factorization's ones work the same(FTB Ultimate 1.4.7)? I remember they popped out on to the ground if you aren't near enough.

Reactions: Succubism

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Not entirely no, JABBA barrels let you input and output on any side. Not input top and output bottom :p

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Not entirely no, JABBA barrels let you input and output on any side. Not input top and output bottom :p
Worked the same, as in when retrieving items manually with hands (left clicking).
Was responding to P.Archon's concern with regards of the items not going into his/her inventory directly.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Factorization Barrels, if I recall correctly, put them straight into your inventory unless there wasn't room for it, in which case it could be dropped from the targetted side.

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
Factorization Barrels, if I recall correctly, put them straight into your inventory unless there wasn't room for it, in which case it could be dropped from the targetted side.
From my experience, In the current stable unleashed version for minecraft 1.5.2, those FZ barrels does not work that way. They drop the items on the ground. Though, if you stand close enough it looks like they are put in your inventory but they are just exported from the side you click on the barrel.

Anyway, looks like a cool mod. I'm not in 1.6 yet, but will certainly try your mod when I do.

Reactions: PierceSG

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
From my experience, In the current stable unleashed version for minecraft 1.5.2, those FZ barrels does not work that way. They drop the items on the ground. Though, if you stand close enough it looks like they are put in your inventory but they are just exported from the side you click on the barrel.

Anyway, looks like a cool mod. I'm not in 1.6 yet, but will certainly try your mod when I do.
Yep, FZ barrels do drop items to the ground.

@Succubism, you're think of barrels from the Barrels mod. Those put the items directly into your inventory.

Reactions: Succubism

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
Well, this is cool, but I don't really see in a point in having 4(?) kind of barrels from different mobs. I mean, normal factorization ones work just fine for me.

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
I was indeed referencing the barrels from The Barrels mod. I've recently switched to this mod due to some instability issues with the recent The Barrels mod beta. I preferred its method of inserting blocks into your inventory though it is just a minor inconvenience.

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
Well, this is cool, but I don't really see in a point in having 4(?) kind of barrels from different mobs. I mean, normal factorization ones work just fine for me.

While I definitely agree that FZ barrels are sufficient, there are some people who don't really have an interest in everything else Factorization has to offer. So, other developers have created their own flavor of barrels, for those people that want just barrels.

Reactions: PierceSG