I've been trolled by Falling Meteors... Any ideas?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, the majestic Bluepower volcano. How I longed to hollow you out and live inside! Tunnels and caverns lit by lava, trimmed with basalt- Ah! A masterpiece of architecture. It would be beautiful. Magnificent. Glorious.

...Unless, of course, I was BROADSIDED BY A DAMN ICE METEOR.
lYaf4bt.png

The Frezarite immediately melted, flooding about half the volcano's exterior. Bonus shot of the impact zone:
LEHNN9Z.png

Not sure where to go with my hollow-volcano build now. I was planning to replace the exterior basalt with glass, which would be covered completely on the outside by natural lava. Wouldn't work with transparent water, though.

Should I painstakingly remove the water and replace the lava? Should I leave the location entirely? Should I just roll with it?

Last edited:

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
It may be easier to relocate & hope (although I suspect the mod providing the meteors will randomly spawn them in loaded chunks, meaning where you are & where your base is, typically), but if you want a project:
1. Stop the flow of lava temporarily.
2. Throw gelid chryothium at the water (finally a use for florbs!).
3. Silk touch the ice.
4. Wand of equal trade the cobble (or dig it up).
5. Wand of equal trade the surface basalt.
6. Let the lava flow again.

P.S.: I am liking BluePower more than Project Red so far, but I haven't gotten as far as any technical builds yet.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
It may be easier to relocate & hope (although I suspect the mod providing the meteors will randomly spawn them in loaded chunks, meaning where you are & where your base is, typically), but if you want a project:
1. Stop the flow of lava temporarily.
2. Throw gelid chryothium at the water (finally a use for florbs!).
3. Silk touch the ice.
4. Wand of equal trade the cobble (or dig it up).
5. Wand of equal trade the surface basalt.
6. Let the lava flow again.

Ha, still using iron tools with no infrastructure whatsoever. I will, eventually, equal trade that cobble for something nicer, but for now steps 1-3 are out of my reach.

Also, Falling Meteors provides a "Meteor Shield" which I have since acquired.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
most of the water source blocks should be up top, just remove those and all the other water will disapear

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
If you want lava flow why not just pour lava over the water? You'll have a lot of stone to remove, but I believe you where already planning on that.

nvrsbr

Jul 29, 2019
I had a meteor hit about 2 blicks from me once, closest one has ever come to hitting my base.
I never build anything anymore without a meteorshield.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Time machine. Always time machine.
I'm an idiot and haven't backed up the world recently. Besides, that would be admitting defeat.
most of the water source blocks should be up top, just remove those and all the other water will disapear
All the source water was originally Frezarite blocks, so it's all over the place.
Hrm. Will a falling meteor trigger TNT?
Most meteors cause fire in some form anyway, but the initial explosion might trigger it too. You can predict where they land with a Timer and, uh, "plan accordingly".