Itemduct question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I want ore on the left to go out to the pulverizer. Then it eventually goes to the right chest as ingots. Only problem is the items on the left go straight to the chest on the right. How can I fix this?

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
A screenshot or something more detailed might help to know exactly what's going on, but there's a lot you can do.

If it's 2 ducts connecting that shouldn't, put a microblock Cover between them.

You can also put a Servo in them, then set the filters to allow or not certain items. ( Note this is limited to 9 items either white or black listed per connection. )

Another idea is using a wrench on one piece and setting it to "Dense Mode", this will set that 1 itemduct to effectively be 1,000 blocks long. This means an item traveling will try everywhere else to go first, and only go down that pipe as a last resort.

Reactions: sqitchy

suprra

Jul 29, 2019
I would have chest on left, itemduct to left side blue of pulverizer, orange to right to smelter then red of smelter to chest so that'd be 4 objects in a row, you could always route the item ducts in behind walls to hide them. Don't forget to power the outputs with redstone signals or pneumatic servos so the pipes know which way to travel.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Wow I forgot to put the picture 0_0 sorry lol[DOUBLEPOST=1409152334][/DOUBLEPOST]I cant figure out how to make the items from the left chest go down instead of right into the right chest. I might just rearrange everything to make it less difficult then I have. I want the ore to be placed in the left chest, then they go into the pulvirizer, then into the induction furnace, then back into the left chest as ingots. If I move the chest on the left over a bit I wouldn't have the confusion in the middle of my pipes going on.

Attachments

• 2014-08-26_22.03.31.png
    2014-08-26_22.03.31.png
    565.1 KB · Views: 149

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Cover between the tubes(microblock) or set itemduct going into the chest to red mode(restriction) so it'll be the last place anything goes by right clicking the duct with a wrench

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Cover between the tubes(microblock) or set itemduct going into the chest to red mode(restriction) so it'll be the last place anything goes by right clicking the duct with a wrench
Setting it in Dense mode will still make items go into the other chest if there is no other valid place(Pulverizer have iron ore, then copper ore just goes to other chest).

Separate the itemducts with Microblock covers is the way to go, or use Servos to blacklist items from the places they should not go to.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Setting it in Dense mode will still make items go into the other chest if there is no other valid place(Pulverizer have iron ore, then copper ore just goes to other chest).

Separate the itemducts with Microblock covers is the way to go, or use Servos to blacklist items from the places they should not go to.

This is exactly what happened yesterday. Once I finally got the items in the right chest to go down, the freshly made ingots started skipping the right chest completely and followed the ore down into the cycle again. Ill have to try microbock covers

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This is exactly what happened yesterday. Once I finally got the items in the right chest to go down, the freshly made ingots started skipping the right chest completely and followed the ore down into the cycle again. Ill have to try microbock covers
Yeah you need to either keep it 2 separate strings of itemduct networks if you don't filter the outputs, or you have to filter all the outputs to make sure items don't go where you don't want them to.

The Itemducts are rather dumb. The take an item and just deposits it in the very closest valid inventory available. And since the other chest is right next to the source and have no restrictions, it becomes the primary deposit all the time.

You can keep it one string and define everything in Servo filters to go the right places, but with the number of different types of ores that is rather clumpsy and bothersome. I would recommend separating the strings so one is from ore chest->Pulverizer and other is from Furnace->Ingot chest.

suprra

Jul 29, 2019
yeah definitely use a forge microblocks block to put in the middle there and that'll sort the problem, you gotta make a saw then put saw and block into crafting panel to get the different little blocks, you'll see once you start making them
(apologies if you're familiar with the blocks already)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
While microparts will solve your problem here, is there any reason why the intake chest needs to be so close the the output chest?

Then again when it comes to TE my level of sophistication only goes as far as a hopper on top with a chest connected directly to the output, sometimes I will duct the output in to a chest that's shared by all my TE machines.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
While microparts will solve your problem here, is there any reason why the intake chest needs to be so close the the output chest?

Then again when it comes to TE my level of sophistication only goes as far as a hopper on top with a chest connected directly to the output, sometimes I will duct the output in to a chest that's shared by all my TE machines.
No there isn't. I wasn't thinking logically like usual. I normally just start doing stuff and see where it takes me lol. The microblock thing is awesome to know, and I never used them before. Now I will forever use them. I fixed my problem by simply putting an itemduct, and chest above the pulverizer. Now when I hit the switch to turn on the pulverizer, it gives a signal to the itemsduct on the chest. I really like how smart the system is. Ores that can't be pulverized will just sit in the chest, while all the others go into the machine and start their cycle. Having the output chest was a waist of ducts, time, and effort, however the microblock would have worked. It just would have taken longer for ores to get to the pulverizer.

Haluvisi

Jul 29, 2019
I cant find microblock covers in my NEI for AG Skies. I currently have only the FTB launcher installed. Do I need vanilla and forge then download microblocks and extra utilities to use them?

Last edited:

suprra

Jul 29, 2019
dunno bout ag skies but when i add mods i download the jar file from source then click edit modpack, add mod and add the jar file and play, love the ftb launcher :D

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
I cant find microblock covers in my NEI for AG Skies. I currently have only the FTB launcher installed. Do I need vanilla and forge then download microblocks and extra utilities to use them?
Jaded added a mod in AgSkies that removes microblocks from nei, but the recipes are incredibly easy to remember after you initially look them up on Google.