Item Tesseract Transfer Limits [IGNORE, AM A KLUTZ]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone knew the transfer limit that the item tesseract has per tick? I ask this because returning to my 12+ alvearies, each with an individual tesseract, I've started noticing products spilling onto the floor, etc. All 12 tesseracts are on the same channel and are being sent to my AE Network.

I've never encountered this before and was wondering if anyone had similar experiences.

Thanks!

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone knew the transfer limit that the item tesseract has per tick? I ask this because returning to my 12+ alvearies, each with an individual tesseract, I've started noticing products spilling onto the floor, etc. All 12 tesseracts are on the same channel and are being sent to my AE Network.

I've never encountered this before and was wondering if anyone had similar experiences.

Thanks!

I experienced this before as well, but I never really looked into the problem. For item teleportation I use an enderchest now, works wonders...and easier to make than item tesseracts :D

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know, there aren't any limits, however, if there isn't a valid output, the tessereact will "shut off".

How do you have it going into your AE network? Hooked directly to an interface, chest + input ... thingumy? That's likely where the issue is. You could plonk a pipe and large chest on the end of the tesseract, which could act as a buffer.

Reactions: Staxed

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know, there aren't any limits, however, if there isn't a valid output, the tessereact will "shut off".

How do you have it going into your AE network? Hooked directly to an interface, chest + input ... thingumy? That's likely where the issue is. You could plonk a pipe and large chest on the end of the tesseract, which could act as a buffer.

DOINK.

I'm such a klutz. Looking high and low for what's causing it and I didn't realize that I de-activated my precision import bus. My entire Obsidian Chest was full. ..........................

Embarrassing...ugh.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
DOINK.

I'm such a klutz. Looking high and low for what's causing it and I didn't realize that I de-activated my precision import bus. My entire Obsidian Chest was full. ..........................

Embarrassing...ugh.

... yup, that'll do it.

Reactions: PoisonWolf

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I experienced this before as well, but I never really looked into the problem. For item teleportation I use an enderchest now, works wonders...and easier to make than item tesseracts :D

Agreed. It's hard to beat Energy Tesseracts for long-distance energy transfer and Liquid Tesseracts are slightly better than Ender Tanks because of labeling vs. colors, but Ender Chests are hard to beat and I give them the edge over Item Tesseracts.

For ME interaction, someone else suggested using an ME Precision Import Bus set to stack mode and once I did that, I've been spamming Ender Chests and haven't looked back.

Another nice thing about Ender Chests being the main ME input is I can carry an Ender Pack of the same color and just dump stuff in there when out and about. Makes for much longer Nether excursions.

Reactions: Staxed