Item ID's and Names / Info?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Stoo42

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, not sure if this is the correct forum for it, but this question didn't seem to fit anywhere else...

I'm running FTB Ultimate, MC 1.4.7. Currently designing a sorting system (aren't we all!).

Is there a way for me to get the item names out of the game at all? I'm using ComputerCraft to do most of my sorting, but with the default FTB Ultimate modpack, there doesn't seem to be any way to retrieve an item name in game.

I already connect to an external mysql database for item management, so if I cant get the names dynamically within the game, I'm happy to dump out the names/ID's somehow into a lookup table.

So basically, boils down to two questions:

* Can I dynamically get an item name from an ID within the game in ComputerCraft?
or
* Can I get a list of all FTB Ultimate item/meta ID's and names from outside the game somehow?

My google-foo is not strong enough to yield any pre-existing databases out there, or item lists available for download if they exist...
I know other people manage to solve this somehow, surely they didn't all manually create their own lookup tables?!

Thanks in advance for any and all pointers