Issue with Forestry machines

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Fatherlywarhead

Jul 29, 2019
I am having an issue with my machines in yogcraft one day two outta the three worked now non of them do. I have three peat fired engines plumed to them with gold conduit piping. The machines are a squeezers a carpenter and a thermionic fabricator. The squeeze and fabricator worked fine I built the carpenter and was trying to get it to work but I could only get it to build a circuit chip then when I went to build an impregnated casing they all stopped working and I can't get them working again. Help please this is driving me mad!!!!!

Numberplay

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure you,re giving them enough power? Those machine constantly consume your fuel so it's possible you're not giving them enough. Or maybe you put water or some other liquid in the squeezer and/or carpenter and it doesn't accept seed oil now.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I am having an issue with my machines in yogcraft one day two outta the three worked now non of them do. I have three peat fired engines plumed to them with gold conduit piping. The machines are a squeezers a carpenter and a thermionic fabricator. The squeeze and fabricator worked fine I built the carpenter and was trying to get it to work but I could only get it to build a circuit chip then when I went to build an impregnated casing they all stopped working and I can't get them working again. Help please this is driving me mad!!!!!
Most forestry machines now require a minimum of 2MJ/t to run. If you are powering 3 machines (where one is a thermionic fabricator that will eat up anything it gets its hands on) with only 3MJ/t, they you don't have enough to power them. Add more engines or more powerful ones. And a good idea would be to remove the Thermionic fabricator and give it its own engine(s) so you can toggle it on only when you want to use that particular machine.

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
Adding to the others - IIRC forestry machines consume power even when idle, so you could try hooking up one at a time to see if that resolves it.
Always wondered why they were coded to do that, was very annoying.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
And that's why BC power is the least used by everyone, they need to get on board with lossless energy systems like every other mod has.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
And that's why BC power is the least used by everyone, they need to get on board with lossless energy systems like every other mod has.
I honestly wish more RF machines had standby loss, connection loss returned etc. so it wasn't so faceroll plug and play.

The main problem with BC power as I see it is that it just so inconvenient. You cant have a central power network due to the crappy mechanic of the energy pipes. You need small power on demand networks for each machine group.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
I 've switched to using steam dynamos (with tree farm charcoal via ender chest, and one per machine) and Extra Utilities transfer nodes to power my Forestry machines.

Except for the Fabricator -- that's run off an upgraded Forestry electric engine that taps into my IC2 assembly line.

Because they drain power even when there's nothing to do, I have better luck with each machine having it's own engine (with lever) rather than trying to distribute power to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: YX33A

Fatherlywarhead

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried hooking all three engines to each machine by itself and still nothing should I try a different engine then? My goal is to try and not use the cheat setting in the recipe book.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have tried hooking all three engines to each machine by itself and still nothing should I try a different engine then? My goal is to try and not use the cheat setting in the recipe book.
Can you give us a screenshot of what you are doing?
Chance are you are simply not supplying enough power. 3 peat fired engines is only 3MJ/t. Either use more engines or more powerful ones.

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Can you give us a screenshot of what you are doing?

This. And do you have the right liquid in the carpenter? You said you made a circuit chip -- which takes water, but impregnated casings need oil (from a squeezer with seeds or RC creosote oil)

Fatherlywarhead

Jul 29, 2019
Breeze yes I used water for the circuit and seed oil for the impregnated casing. I'm in the process of trying a more powerful engine like rhn was saying I'm just not sure which one I'm going to use yet. Does anyone have any suggestions?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Breeze yes I used water for the circuit and seed oil for the impregnated casing. I'm in the process of trying a more powerful engine like rhn was saying I'm just not sure which one I'm going to use yet. Does anyone have any suggestions?
If you have it, TE3 Dynamos will GREATLY simplify everything for you. They produce RF and not MJ, but if you connect the machines up using Conduits they will convert the RF to MJ.
NVM that, Yogcraft :p

If you have IC2 EU up and running it is pretty simple to hook up some Electrical engines. You can upgrade them to improve efficiency and/or improve output(I think they are 2MJ/6EU default). Else Magmatic engines will use Lava to produce 4MJ/t and they are pretty easy to have running(don't explode and don't need cooling).

EDIT: actually I think everyone have been advising you thinking of recent versions mechanics. The minimum MJ requirement and for some machines the constant loss is not valid for the old version you are using I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Fatherlywarhead

Jul 29, 2019
Oh ok. I wanted to play the mods the a youtuber I follow uses his name is sjin and I wanted to try the modded version he plays. So are you telling me that there is a newer version of yogcraft that has the same mods @rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Oh ok. I wanted to play the mods the a youtuber I follow uses his name is sjin and I wanted to try the modded version he plays. So are you telling me that there is a newer version of yogcraft that has the same mods @rhn
Nah I dont think there is. It is just that its a pretty old pack by now and everyone has gotten used to the new mechanics, so think everyone was giving advice thinking about the new mechanics.

Still think the best you might do is post some screenshots of what you are trying to do. It might be something quite obvious that needs to be changed around that you wont think of describing to us.