Is this possible?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

QuantumCookies

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all, I just needed some advice on how to build something. I am trying to build a mechanism that will push the infusion pedestals needed for an infusion up out of the floor at the touch of a lever, and will vanish when not needed. I am a massive noob at redstone and pistons and such, so could you help me please?

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I'm hopping into minecraft right now, if you can move them with pistons, then yes it's possible. I'll try it and tell you my results.

Okay.
So you can't move them with a piston. Since I'm on a private pack that doesn't have drawbridges I can't test them, but I doubt they would work.
The only way I found is to have turtles under the pedestals and do it like 'Redstone signal on > place block up, redstone signal on for second time > break block up.'

But meh, the turtles in the ground don't really look that good. :/

Last edited:

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
Have the turtle move down 1 more and place floor block up. Then you just need to program it to break the floor move up 1 and either place or break the pedestal the back down and put floor back.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
SFM block gates do work. And with the advanced cable cluster and the cable camouflage you can make them look anything you want them to.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I'm hopping into minecraft right now, if you can move them with pistons, then yes it's possible. I'll try it and tell you my results.

Okay.
So you can't move them with a piston. Since I'm on a private pack that doesn't have drawbridges I can't test them, but I doubt they would work.
The only way I found is to have turtles under the pedestals and do it like 'Redstone signal on > place block up, redstone signal on for second time > break block up.'

But meh, the turtles in the ground don't really look that good. :/
You'd be able to use drawbridges, they don't work like pistons, they place the blocks and break them fresh, and do exactly what you're coding the turtle to do.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
You'd be able to use drawbridges, they don't work like pistons, they place the blocks and break them fresh, and do exactly what you're coding the turtle to do.
Oh if that's correct, use them :b
I thought they had the same restrictions to what they can place, as pistons have with what they can move.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Oh if that's correct, use them :b
I thought they had the same restrictions to what they can place, as pistons have with what they can move.

That's the kinda of that might cause crashes - sure, the OP can try, I would just recommend for him do to a backup first. Better safe then sorry! :p